Carl, what is the length of yours?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

Quote from: chongman on April 12, 2013, 12:30:41 AM
The breeches long fantastic guys!

Carl, what is the length of yours?

Short breech is 100 mm or 3.937".

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mackelby

Carl, may I ask why you wanted it shorter? Can't wait to order one, couple more paychecks.

quickster47 †

Quote from: mackelby on April 12, 2013, 04:56:48 PM
Carl, may I ask why you wanted it shorter? Can't wait to order one, couple more paychecks.

I'm going to use the short breech on a 2240 I am working on.  Not another stubby project but something sort of similar, me thinks.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

KevinP

Quote from: quickster47 on April 11, 2013, 11:19:03 PM
Show us how it looks now that it is polished.  What gun did you mount it on?

Carl

x2 would love to see it !!!!
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Quote from: arkmaker on April 11, 2013, 11:56:18 PM

Very light!
I am going to put it on my Dad's shooter. Seems he is whispering from heaven "I really do like that breech you made me son, but that AR Breech is the BOMB!!!"

Yes sir it sure looks nice Rich cant wait to see it mounted.
                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Here it is mounted. Cycles perfectly. Will try to get outdoors for a few shots later.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Awesome looking ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

cheewee

Rich looks awesome mounted on that gun.
Dang something else to add to the list..
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

quickster47 †

Wow Rich, that did come out nice.  The breech looks awesome mounted your gun.  Great job and an excellent choice.  :-* :-* :-*

Did you notice immediately how much lighter the gun felt in your hand as you shot it?

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Crosshairs

That looks great Rich  :-*
                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

I would post and tell Rich how cool that breech is except I'm so jealous that he has one and I don't so... oops hit the POST button  :-[ :D ;D
Brian

ped

thats a mighty fine looking pistol :-* i think i'm going to have to add one of these breechs to my collection
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Tater

Very nice Rich, looks sweet and I bet the weight reduction will really help when shooting offhand.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

arkmaker †

Quote from: quickster47 on April 12, 2013, 09:06:01 PM

Did you notice immediately how much lighter the gun felt in your hand as you shot it?

Carl

Thanks guys, So far I'm liking it a lot. I took a half dozen shots, but still getting that rear site tuned in at the monument.
As for the weight, I have another pistol with the same configuration with the Crosman long steel breech and rb grips. I did not really notice a difference until I picked up each one. There is a difference, but not to bad. The other pistol is going to get scopped for benchrest shooting and the other will eventually see a better rear site!!! Lighter for offhand, monster for the rest.
Been wanting to do this for years. Now I finally have enough parts to pull it off.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22