Anthony R Breech!

Started by arkmaker †, April 11, 2013, 09:50:16 PM

quickster47 †

Thanks for that link Rich.  Can only figure that thread must have happened when I was on my sabbatical year away from the CAPOF and trying to find myself while drinking Long Island Ice Teas somewhere lost in Margarita-ville or either sipping moonshine with my yeti guru lost on Cub mountain or Hanging Limb in Putnam county.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Quote from: quickster47 on April 15, 2013, 12:17:09 AM
Thanks for that link Rich.  Can only figure that thread must have happened when I was on my sabbatical year away from the CAPOF and trying to find myself while drinking Long Island Ice Teas somewhere lost in Margarita-ville or either sipping moonshine with my yeti guru lost on Cub mountain or Hanging Limb in Putnam county.

Carl

Seriously looking at a place in hanging limb. Hoe far is that from you? We have at least 20 contenders for my money ranging from Murphy NC to Cookeville TN. Now to get well enough to see them!
I found that mod on the far forum. It is a good one if you are so inclined to take the time.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Hanging Limb is about 20 miles from us.  It is north of Monterey on Highway 164.  But truthfully, I would not be moving there if I was you.  It just ain't your kind of place.  Please trust me on this one.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

What  :D ?

And miss out on the hanging limb Mennonite settlers?   :-X  ???

Muddy Pond Mennonite Settlement
Located in Hanging Limb, the Muddy Pond Mennonite Settlement has a variety of family-owned businesses offering baked goods, molasses, and leather productions. While at Muddy Pond you can visit the Muddy Pond General Store, with quilts, crafts, natural food and a deli, Bauman's Harness & Leather Shops, the Muddy Pond Sorghum Mill & Store, where you can watch them make molasses, and Bachen Haus Bakery, offering delicious breads, cinnamon rolls and pies.
Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: BDS on April 15, 2013, 04:13:07 PM
What  :D ?

And miss out on the hanging limb Mennonite settlers?   :-X  ???

Muddy Pond Mennonite Settlement
Located in Hanging Limb, the Muddy Pond Mennonite Settlement has a variety of family-owned businesses offering baked goods, molasses, and leather productions. While at Muddy Pond you can visit the Muddy Pond General Store, with quilts, crafts, natural food and a deli, Bauman's Harness & Leather Shops, the Muddy Pond Sorghum Mill & Store, where you can watch them make molasses, and Bachen Haus Bakery, offering delicious breads, cinnamon rolls and pies.

Well that part of Hanging Limb is okay but there are other parts that you don't go into without packing some serious 'heat'.  Know what I mean bean".  Some of them places are throwbacks to "Deliverance".

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

Livin in Georgia till age 9, I know thetype... introductions usually go like this "this is my wife/sister/cousin, don't mind them web-feet, she's a swimmer!"  :D
Brian

arkmaker †

Ok,  scratch Hanging Limb off the list, but I do hear the very best of Shine comes out of those woods  ;) What about the outskirts of Jamestown??
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

fivestar45

Guys, when I get these breech's both the barrel and bolt bores have been precision reamed for a close fit,  the bolt to bore fit is about .003" that's .0015" radial clearance I then stroke the bolt bores with a 500grit brush type bore hone to be sure they operate smoothly. One thing that I can say here is that those type of tolerances definitely require lubrication. Especially when you consider the bolt diameter, it's short length, and the load when cocking the striker. As I wouldn't like to disappoint anyone, I urge anyone that doesn't want to keep these close fit parts lubed, would be best for them to buy a breech that has looser bolt to bore tolerances.
The OEM Crosman steel breech's will fill this qualification, I know this because their sloppy fit was one of the reasons I originally got involved in having the aluminum breech kits made.

My thanks to all of you Forum Members that have bought Breech Kits, Pro-Top's and other parts from me.
Anthony

DaveB50

I was pleasantly surprised with the bolt/breech fit of Anthony's product. The Crosman steel breech has so much slop, you can feel the bolt move laterally, before going aft. Seriously,  the stock plastic breech has a better fit.  :(
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Brent

Quote from: fivestar45 on April 15, 2013, 06:50:40 PM
Guys, when I get these breech's both the barrel and bolt bores have been precision reamed for a close fit,  the bolt to bore fit is about .003" that's .0015" radial clearance I then stroke the bolt bores with a 500grit brush type bore hone to be sure they operate smoothly. One thing that I can say here is that those type of tolerances definitely require lubrication. Especially when you consider the bolt diameter, it's short length, and the load when cocking the striker. As I wouldn't like to disappoint anyone, I urge anyone that doesn't want to keep these close fit parts lubed, would be best for them to buy a breech that has looser bolt to bore tolerances.
The OEM Crosman steel breech's will fill this qualification, I know this because their sloppy fit was one of the reasons I originally got involved in having the aluminum breech kits made.

My thanks to all of you Forum Members that have bought Breech Kits, Pro-Top's and other parts from me.
Anthony

Thanks for posting this Anthony! It was good talking with you yesterday, I learned ALLOT!!  :-*
Neat that you got a chance to come in and check out Rich's thread, I was hoping you would  :)
Talk to you soon  :)
(PS - my batt is charged back up again, and no... I didn't get a chance to order a margarita ;) lol )

1377x

Quote from: fivestar45 on April 15, 2013, 06:50:40 PM

Anthony
I can vouch for lubing the bolt area
the breech I had was tight in the bolt area after lubing it with some milcomm tw-25b the bolt became very smooth and any catching/binding was removed
closed mouths dont get fed