Assembly help

Started by kraaash, November 14, 2013, 06:53:36 AM

kraaash

What direction does the breech sleeve and gasket face up?
Tanks

brz-ryder †

The gasket goes on top of the valve between the valve and the breech the long end up for the TP
the tp short end down into the gasket

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

kraaash

Thx got it..

That's leading me to another problem. When the barrel is installed and lined up and screwed in, the prob bottoms out on the breech before the handle gets to the groove to be pressed down. Is there a solution to this?

bgmcgee

Do you have the right size bolt? As in trying to use a .22 in a .177 barrel. You could try a smaller oring on the probe.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

kraaash

seems to be right, it seats ok out of the breech, its a little tighter on the o ring than the stock one.

so im working with a custom barrel made from 760 and a custom bolt from mellonair with a long steel crosman breech.

could anyone please post two pictures for me, i cant find any. one close up of the breech end of a crosman factory barrel  and another the same with a probe seated in it, i think this would be a huge help.. thanks a ton in advance =)  :-*

woody67

Hmm...

It sounds like your 760 barrel wasn't prepped right for the crosman bolt probe. The 760's bolt probe is a different shape and size.
If I'm right, your probe isn't catching on the breech...it is catching on the face of the barrel.

If you take a look at a standard 13xx or 22xx barrel loading area, you will see there is an indented groove that only goes in maybe 1/16th of an inch. If your 760 barrel wasn't prepped with that groove, it could be causing the hangup on the bolt probe.

I also could be completely wrong.

woody67

I really don't feel like taking apart the 760, but I will if you want me to compare the 760 barrel to the 22xx/13xx barrel.

Here is a quick picture of the two probes next to eachother. You can sort of see the size difference I mentioned above...
Keep in mine, the 760 probe is .177 and the other probe is .22, but still, they have different designs.

kraaash

i reemed it out with a drill and got it the right depth but the tapper is wrong.. the pellets wont feed for crap. when i get them in there right the seal and shoot great... but they wont feed now =( barrel FUBR   :-X

kraaash

Quote from: woody67 on November 14, 2013, 05:45:48 PM
Hmm...

It sounds like your 760 barrel wasn't prepped right for the crosman bolt probe. The 760's bolt probe is a different shape and size.
If I'm right, your probe isn't catching on the breech...it is catching on the face of the barrel.

If you take a look at a standard 13xx or 22xx barrel loading area, you will see there is an indented groove that only goes in maybe 1/16th of an inch. If your 760 barrel wasn't prepped with that groove, it could be causing the hangup on the bolt probe.

I also could be completely wrong.

could i get that same top picture without the O so i can see what the tapper looks  like, thx

woody67

Yes...i will re-take the picture with a light shining into it so you can see it better...give me a few mins...

ped

you might get away with reducing the shoulder on the probe but as the pellets aren't loading it sounds like you need to increase the angle of taper at the back of the barrel
if the probes not going in you still have chance to salvage it
i use a cheap hand ream to get the taper as the barrels are quite soft but you can use a fine abrasive cone shaped dremmel bit
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

woody67

kraaash

i think the hole is already to big to add any tapper =(

rangerfredbob

You just need to smooth at the end of where you drilled, not where the O ring seats, just past that, I bet there's a sharp edge there that is catching the pellets
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

kraaash

Quote from: ped on November 14, 2013, 06:40:20 PM
you might get away with reducing the shoulder on the probe but as the pellets aren't loading it sounds like you need to increase the angle of taper at the back of the barrel
if the probes not going in you still have chance to salvage it
i use a cheap hand ream to get the taper as the barrels are quite soft but you can use a fine abrasive cone shaped dremmel bit
ped

what size is that hand reamer?