Folding Stock Solution For The MP, 1377, & 2240

Started by airgunenthusiast, December 17, 2010, 12:10:57 AM

airgunenthusiast

I began altering Crosman pistol grip frames (1377C & 2240) to receive folding stocks about 3 months ago.  I've made a few of these sets now and they work very well.  The folding stock takes just seconds to install or remove and can be folded or unfolded just a quickly.  It doesn't add much length to the pistol and when folded improves the balance in pistol configuration.  The adapter sets I've produced so far are for the old 2 screw style Crosman grip frames.  I'll have to make a slightly different adapter set for my Marauder pistol's new style 3 screw grip frame though.  I fitted this 1377C frame to my MP just to see how it looked and handled.  

I'll make a matching laminated forestock for the MP once I can get my hands on an extra 3 screw frame to go with it.  I want to leave the original MP frame unaltered for now.  I'm consider making a few adapter sets available for purchase too.

Dan
airgunenthusiast

ChokingVictim

LOVE IT!

Price? What has to be done to the frame to accept it?
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

airgunenthusiast

It would really depend on the final configuration and what pistol it will be used with. 
Standard plastic grips won't fit without alteration (removal of material).  Wooden grips made by other custom makers would need alteration as well.  The alteration to the grip panels isn't rocket science but would have to be done to accept the actual frame & adapter for the metal stock.  So if someone wanted to purchase an altered grip frame with the adapter fitted to it's base, the folding metal stock, and custom fitted laminated grip panels with a matching forestock the price would likely be in the $225 to $250 range.  If someone wanted to make their own grip panels and forestock the price would be less.

Altering the grip frame consists of drilling a small precisely located hole into it's base and cutting a shallow but accurately positioned groove into the back of the frame.

To fit factory grip panels one would need to shorten their length and cut a precise notch into the left panel's base.

Here are some more pics:

Dan
airgunenthusiast

airguns100

The OG gangster of the "bling"

tayloriand

Dan,
This is a great design!
Excellent work, I'm very impressed ......
Any pics of how the folding stock is fixed to the trigger frame grip base.

Regards
Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

dicktracey

Hi,
Newbie here but I felt I had to comment.  I read the review on the Maurader Pistol and It commented on the screw that is forward and above the trigger.  is this the third screw you are referring to?.  I just received my 1377C ordered from Pyramid Air and it has that same screw on it.  It appears this might be a new mod to the 1377C.  I like the grip on your gun and the folding stock. 
Smooth Twist Barrel Technology

It Is What It Is, Because It Is

Dick Tracey

T191032

Similiar to the Beretta Model 93R Machine Pistol's folding stock design.  :-*
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

cpu77

I just seen this thread are these stocks for sale?   I would love to buy one!

airgunenthusiast

Video demonstrating how the M93R folding stock works with a Crosman 1377.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZrfoASk5w#]Folding Stock Adapted To A Crosman 1377 Air Pistol[/url]

Dan
Web Site- http://airgunenthusiast.weebly.com/

Crosshairs

Very nice stock great idea  :-*
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

0351_Vet

Great Video and Super Cool Stock. Are these going to be available for purchase? If so, I would be interested in one of your first offs.
Cool stuff.  :-*   :-*   :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ