smoothest trigger mod for a 2240

Started by rcmark, June 01, 2011, 03:44:58 AM

rcmark

quickster47 †

First off, welcome to the forum.  Glad you are here.

As for the best trigger mods, probably polishing the sear, shimming the sear and trigger, and get a lighter trigger spring.

Do a search and I'm sure you'll find much good information on triggers.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Joshua A

Yeah like carl said there are lots of things you can do with the stock trigger, as well as a lot of cheap aftermarket things you can add. there are also a lot of very expensive things available too..lol I have about 90$ in just the trigger components on one of my 1377's... One thing that is an instant improvement is the lighter trigger spring. you can put the stock spring in a vise or adjustable wrench (securely so it doesnt end up across the room) and compress it a time or two. this will make the spring shorter therefore making it pressing on the sear lighter. if you compress it too much you can just stretch it back out a bit. Shimming the trigger and sear works great to remove side to side play, and polishing the contact points of the trigger and sear eliminate trigger grittyness. A worked stock trigger can make a world of difference in the accuracy dept. for sure.

J.Austin

jogle

Know this is an old post but anyway took my trigger and sear to work tonight polished the mateing surfaces with a stone then fine sandpaper. Put the sear in a vice on a milling machine and used a carbide endmill to remove .007 from the top of sear ,installed a spring from a Crosman 140 valve now my trigger is smooth and light. Cost nothing already had the 140 spring. Very easy to do. :-*