Can you adjust 2240 trigger pull?

Started by tomsteebs, March 08, 2012, 11:41:22 AM

tomsteebs

So i have just ordered my 2240 and on arrival i will almost definately want to make the trigger pull as light as possible.

is there a way to do this?

e.g. compressing the spring

Crosshairs

Hi There
You will need to polish all contact points on the trigger and sear get a adjustable trigger spring this should make the trigger much lighter and smoother.
                                       Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

Start with compressing the stock sear spring. It is easy to do if you put the spring over something like a screwdriver and use a washer to compress the spring. Do this slowly and test periodicially in the pistol. Some folks end up snipping a coil or two off the spring to further lighten the trigger pull. As Crosshairs mentioned, you can order the parts for an adjustable spring mechanism from Crosman, too. Another option is to order a trigger spring kit from TKO. That is a drop in, noticable improvement.

Always do a bump test to insure the pistol does not fire accidentally. You can reduce sear spring force too much and the sear can disengage the hammer when the gun is bumped or dropped.

Larry

mcc1961

I got one of the TKO kits and it lightened the trigger pull a whole lot.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Noah on March 09, 2012, 04:27:13 AM
What size washers are those?  ???

Whatever fits. You can try brass, steel, nylon and plastic. Some folks use a paper punch to make washers ut of thin plastics from the recycling bin. The objective is to reduce side-to-side play and wobble of the trigger and sear on the pins. If the washer material is too thick, the grip cover will bulge when tightened down and may cause the trigger group to bind. Just watch for that.
Larry

JEBert

The problem with binding is that when you get the spring just right (under 2.5 lbs), it won't be able to reset a binding sear and/or trigger.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

cheewee

i replaced the plastic trigger cover with a home made aluminum piece and just kept reducing washer thickness until it would just move without binding.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

grumpy

For under 40 bucks you can put a Prod trigger assembly on it. It will give you a real nice 1.5 lb pull.

Dave