pellet mold for the 177 pellet

Started by Allan, August 24, 2012, 08:10:40 AM

Allan

I am starting to pile up lead in my target catcher..  seems like I am going crazy shooting.  As I used to cast bullets for my 357 max in the VS I have been wondering where I could get a mold to make my own pellets all though much smaller it can not be much harder than casting a hollow point but only in reverse..

does anyone have any ideas as to where I can purchase one or how to come by one.. I am  looking forward to your thoughts.
Yes I know it is foolish and pellets are cheap.
Allan

cmj21973

Allan

would do very nicely  but you can no longer ship out of england.
Allan

Sir William

This is interesting but I guess I'm more curious about "you can no longer ship out of England". 
I realize this would be "off topic" but can someone explain this?
???

Allan

there has been a change in english postal regulations    see the GMAC post
Allan

jdub

Quote from: Allan on August 24, 2012, 12:41:47 PM
there has been a change in english postal regulations    see the GMAC post
Allan
Proposed change.  It hasn't happened yet.  Still taking public comment. 

Allan

Oh okay .. I will look into it closer.. 
Allan

Crosshairs

Cool but it takes to long to make one pellet as much as i shoot i would never see my kids  ;D
                                                                                 Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Allan

I see that,,  but it gets rid of the old led..
my problem is more with the hammering  I don't want my tiles broken
Allan

markasaurus

It certainly is a clever device.  But you have to handle all that lead.  You are handling it and breathing the dust.  Unless you want to make custom pellets like tracer or something to me it doesn't seem very viable for your health and time reasons.

BDS

Quote from: Allan on August 24, 2012, 07:28:54 PM
I see that,,  but it gets rid of the old led..
my problem is more with the hammering  I don't want my tiles broken
Allan

Allan, as the famous sayings go... your peeing up a rope... pushing a noodle up a hill... etc etc ;D

The lead-dust issue is the least of the problems and, in the time it takes to mold, clean and de-flash 10 pellets, I can shoot 100 pellets, maybe more. Likewise, lead fumes (actual, gaseous lead) is the more dangerous of the hazards except, you would have to cook several 1000's of lbs of lead before it would even begin to matter, which at the hand-molding rate of production would take decades.  :D
Brian

ginoe

wow, that is a clever device & i was considering it for both .177 & .22 along with the dual caliber pellet mold but that came out to about $300 usd. i'll just purchase ready made pellets.  i already reuse the pellets reclaimed from my pellet trap, melt them down to make .50cal rounds for the dragon claw rifle.

clock-wise:
.500 188grain roundball
.500 250grain lee real mini - unsized
.500 250grain lee real mini - sized & lubed
.500 250grain lee real mini - sized

Allan

well I am not worried about lead dust have done casting for years.
and yes it takes time  but in case they stop selling pellets..  I don't trust governments..
Allan

cmj21973

Quote from: Allan on August 28, 2012, 07:49:09 AM
well I am not worried about lead dust have done casting for years.
and yes it takes time  but in case they stop selling pellets..  I don't trust governments..
Allan

X1!  :-*

1377x

Quote from: cmj21973 on August 24, 2012, 09:13:48 AM
This might be what your looking for.
http://airgunpelletmaker.weebly.com/
with the amount of wheel weights around you may never need to buy another pellet
closed mouths dont get fed