AOA ( Airguns Of Arizona ) 2 stage sear ... Anyone try / have one ?

Started by Motorhead, October 11, 2012, 07:18:53 PM

Motorhead

Was not finding much on-line about them so figured i would ask here ?

Install guide ( Zoom up more to view ) http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/CustomParts/22xxSearInstall.pdf
2 M-Rods .22 & .177 Reg
Air Arms TX200 MkIII .177
RWS / Diana-75 HV TO-1  .177 
Diana 100 SSP .177
FWB-124D .177 
HW 35  .177
RAW TM-1000 .177 .20 .22
WAR WarP .177 .25
Taipan Mutant .22
Sheridan Blue streak .20
BSA Scorpion .177 Reg
BAM 50 Custom .25 Reg
Hatsan AT44 .22 Reg
Shoebox / Alpha 90 4.5K & CF tanks

breakfastchef

I did buy one late last year and promptly sold it off.

Honestly, for a few bucks more, I feel the P-Rod grip frame and trigger group is a much better value, and you get a real two-stage trigger.
Larry

markasaurus

I concur with Larry.  After spending literally weeks fiddling with springs and washers, looking at roller triggers, polishing the trigger surfaces etc.  I finally decided to just try the marauder grip frame mod to get a decent trigger on my 1322.  It is an easy and relatively cheap mod to do, the jb weld mod of the hammer is the only time consuming part about it and even that isn't too hard.  Or you can order a modified solid hammer from Melonnair for only $12 and it comes ready to install.  Crosman does not always have the assembly in stock, the first time i called for it they didn't have it but a week later they did.  And the complete assembly, including everything but grips (you can re use you're old ones since they will fit) and cost only $43.  Install your hammer, bolt up your new grip frame (be sure and hold the trigger back as you tighten the screws) and you are ready to shoot. 

This is not some half-baked mod either, the difference in trigger pull and feel is incredible.  I left my settings bone stock but if you are particular about your trigger, you can adjust it in every way possible vs the stock trigger which has no adjustment.  I hate to be a naysayer or whatever you call it, but there is really nothing you can buy for or do to the stock trigger to make a really significant improvement compared to the p-rod mod.

There's only one wrinkle, if you have wooden grips you will have to cut clearance in the back of them to clear the spring adjuster in the p rod grip.

JEBert

I have one of these installed in a Crosman Custom Shop 2300KT with the older 2-screw trigger frame along with a Don Cothran stainless steel roller trigger.  I have it adjusted they way I want it and I absolutely love it.  I have about 1/16" of first stage that is less than 8oz and the second stage breaks very crisply at 16 oz.  However, between the trigger and the sear, I spent more than the P-rod trigger.  I haven't had the funds to spare on a p-rod trigger since they became available but I plan to do that for my next one.  When I do, I will do a comparison between the two.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)