Marauder trigger

Started by Graemevw, October 11, 2012, 11:20:22 PM

Graemevw

Will this trigger aaembly.....

part number 1763A105

fit a 22xx tube?
If so, will it work with stock hammer or will hammer need filling?

Can teh assembly be ordered? Any idea how much?

Thanks.

1377x

yes it will fit the 22xx
it needs a p-rod hammer modded hammer or custom hammer to work properly
closed mouths dont get fed

Graemevw

Great, thanks.

Just working out my options for whatever stock and trigger style i will go with.

1377x

the marauder trigger group is the best imo that crosman has to offer whether its the rifle or pistol
im building a .25 discovery it will have a .25 marauder barrel and a maurauder rifle trigger group.all the guns i have now sport the marauder pistol trigger group best mod these pistols and rifles can get. you can set them so if you blow on the trigger it will fire.not really but it is a nice trigger not a fwb80 trigger but its nice.

Fronzdan

The trigger group pictured above is for the Marauder rifle.  It actually does fit...sort of.  The curvature on the trigger group isn't the same diameter as the 2240 air tube though.  So it doesn't fit snugly...it wobbles a little when screwed on.  The sear is in the right place and does work with a solid hammer.  I just tried it here.

Obviously you'd have quite a different stock on the thing.  I'm interested to hear what you're planning though.

But if you're looking to keep it a pistol, you're better off using the P-rod frame as 1377x said.

HappyHunter

Quote from: Fronzdan on October 12, 2012, 06:26:44 AM
The trigger group pictured above is for the Marauder rifle.  It actually does fit...sort of.  The curvature on the trigger group isn't the same diameter as the 2240 air tube though.  So it doesn't fit snugly...it wobbles a little when screwed on.   

Hmmm....mine fits perfect with no "wobble" whatsoever. Snug as can be!

Only modification was to grind a notch in the hammer 1/8" - 3/16" wide at the same depth of the "waist" of hammer about 2/3 the way back on 'skirt' so the sear wouldn't hit/drag  :-*

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

1377x

i like that m-rod trigger im definitely going to use one on my .25 disco build

Graemevw

Quote from: Fronzdan on October 12, 2012, 06:26:44 AM
The trigger group pictured above is for the Marauder rifle.  It actually does fit...sort of.  The curvature on the trigger group isn't the same diameter as the 2240 air tube though.  So it doesn't fit snugly...it wobbles a little when screwed on.  The sear is in the right place and does work with a solid hammer.  I just tried it here.

Obviously you'd have quite a different stock on the thing.  I'm interested to hear what you're planning though.

But if you're looking to keep it a pistol, you're better off using the P-rod frame as 1377x said.

Im going to make a laminate stock, in either black laminate, or plain birch ply and stain it.

Im either going to copy the stock 2250 stock in laminate, and copy the black plastic marauder forearm, or fit the marauder trigger and make a more traditional rifle style black laminate stock.

Ill polish and re-blue all the metalwork, fit a few more brass bits and hopefully create a 11.5ftb hunting rifle i like enough to sell my hw77k.

Gun has 2260 tube and barrel by the way.

BDS

"hopefully create a 11.5ftb hunting rifle i like enough to sell my hw77k."

That's gonna take a lot of "liking"  :D  ;D  the 77 and 97 are just great guns, had a 77 about 20+ yrs ago, have a 12 yr old 97K that will likely never be sold.  :-*
Brian

Graemevw

Yeah, i know :)

I love my 77 but it doesnt feel natural when i shoulder it. It wasnt designed for a scope (97 was) and i have a long neck, long arms and narrow shoulders.

If i was to keep it i would need to make a new stock anyway.

Its not a bad gun, but for hunting any accuracy gain is an advantage. The crosman has the potential to be easier to shoot accurately.

77 is also heavy, a shorter, lighter, point and shoot hunting rifle will get the job done easier. Maybe ill keep the 77k anyway and use it to slowly lead poisen the sycamore tree at the bottom of our garden LOL.

Fronzdan

Really looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with the stock.  I have a spare one of these laying around along with an extra M-rod stock...you're giving me an idea for a new project.

Happyhunter...glad to hear it snugs up ok.  :-*.  I didn't really tighten it down when I tried.

Graemevw

I had considered using an aftermarket marauder stock but if i make my own i can fit it to me properly.

As i say, still unsure if ill go pistol grip or sporter.

1377x

Quote from: Graemevw on October 12, 2012, 07:47:59 PM
I had considered using an aftermarket marauder stock but if i make my own i can fit it to me properly.

As i say, still unsure if ill go pistol grip or sporter.

there ya go!!