Rear sight for Crosman steel breech

Started by 7624452, November 16, 2012, 09:48:42 PM

1377x

Quote from: droid on December 06, 2012, 09:10:33 AM
Yes I like the new style plastic grips too.

Nice job.

Gary
]
me too
getting my local crosman service station to order them has been like pulling teeth.it hasnt happened
i need to just give crosman another chance
closed mouths dont get fed

According to PA, Crosman just rejected the latest batch and the shipment to Crosman will be delayed until 12/28/2012 and the projected availability date at PA will be 1/7/2013.
Stranded in California.

1377x

i am thinking of doing what fivestar45 said
chop off the rear section of the steel breech and use the stock sight

fivestar45
if you do that is there enough adjustment to sight in properly?

It would be fairly easy to file down the steel breech, but to me it would be self-defeating.  The main purpose of the steel breech is to have better sights and I do not really want to use the old ones.
Stranded in California.

1377x

i hear you there
that really bites about lpa sight

I'll have the Williams WGRS-54 peep sights in a couple of days.  Maybe they will work out.
Stranded in California.

1377x

i see a lot of people use them with good sucess
they used to be the craze,i dont know when the lpa became the craze maybe when no one could get them any more i guess

fivestar45

That WGRS54 is a rifle sight, and with a pistol barrel I'd think it might shoot very  high and require a very high front sight to compensate.
I wouldn't advise you to use the 1701P gripframe without using the flat bottom striker to go with it.

fivestar45

The OEM 22xx rear sight works just as it should, and has the same range of adjustment as long as you cut the flat on top of the steel breech to be the same height measurement that you get when measuring from the bottom of the tube to the sight flat of a plastic breech.

1377x

im using a 1701 trigger group an most of my guns
in one gun i have the 1701 hammer,another gun has a custom hammer but it does not have a flat bottom and the other is a phase 2 1377 hammer assembly.so far all of them work great.the phase 2 1377 hammer needs more jbweld added to it but i wanted to use the gun so i just installed it the way it was modded but there is still a small lip that i want to cover.actually the 1701 hammer i have has flat sides the bottom is still rounded

Quote from: fivestar45 on December 09, 2012, 01:22:16 AM
That WGRS54 is a rifle sight, and with a pistol barrel I'd think it might shoot very  high and require a very high front sight to compensate.
I wouldn't advise you to use the 1701P gripframe without using the flat bottom striker to go with it.
I do not understand "flat bottom striker" could you please elaborate?  I have the same thing as in the picture that 1377x just posted, except I cut a notch in the top of the hammer to clear the rear mounted breech screw.  Thank you.
Stranded in California.

mudduck48

I think that I have the answer to the question, if anyone is intrested. " rear sight for the Crosman steel breech"
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Bill L.

Quote from: mudduck48 on December 09, 2012, 03:25:56 AM
I think that I have the answer to the question, if anyone is intrested. " rear sight for the Crosman steel breech"

?????
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

droid

Quote from: fivestar45 on December 09, 2012, 01:32:25 AM
The OEM 22xx rear sight works just as it should, and has the same range of adjustment as long as you cut the flat on top of the steel breech to be the same height measurement that you get when measuring from the bottom of the tube to the sight flat of a plastic breech.

I like the OEM sight best to be honest, just would be nice to have an alloy one or a brass one too. Hint Hint  ;)

I think is is nice to just upgrade the materials sometimes as I do like the standard look.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

1377x

someone used to sell a brass rear sight cant recall who though
droid your good at greaing wheels im sure you could get one sourced ;D ;D ;)