Rear sight for Crosman steel breech

Started by 7624452, November 16, 2012, 09:48:42 PM

fivestar45

I do it in a mini mill. But it could be done with a Dremel, some files, and some patients. Basically you're only cutting a flat that is a close fit to the front and back of the original plastic rear sight. The depth is determined by measuring from the sight base on an OEM 2240 to the bottom of the tube, and  then doing the same with a steel breech and subtracting the first from the second.

droid

Quote from: fivestar45 on November 27, 2012, 08:24:58 PM
I do it in a mini mill. But it could be done with a Dremel, some files, and some patients. Basically you're only cutting a flat that is a close fit to the front and back of the original plastic rear sight. The depth is determined by measuring from the sight base on an OEM 2240 to the bottom of the tube, and  then doing the same with a steel breech and subtracting the first from the second.

Anthony, I bet someone with your skills could make a slide on rear sight with a longer screw that fits that rear curve on one of the steel breeches.

I modded a plastic one but one in alloy is a bit beyond me.

I would be up for a few of those type sights:-*

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

meak

I've just got one of these from uttings.

They are for the falcon pistol. They are made for a slightly wider dovetail than on the crosman breech, but it shouldn't be too hard to knock something up to attatch it. Sadly the front site is for a 9mm barrel so that wont fit.

fivestar45

Gary, slipping a rear sight onto the top of the breech would result in needing a front sight that would be too ugly high to put on the gun. Cutting the needed flat for an OEM 22xx rear sight is easier than you'd think.

PA just raised the price of an LPA MIM - maybe that means it might actually be in stock tomorrow.
Stranded in California.

YSYEO

Sure am glad I pre-ordered before the price hike.

cheewee

Quote from: 7624452 on December 05, 2012, 01:28:20 AM
PA just raised the price of an LPA MIM - maybe that means it might actually be in stock tomorrow.

have heard from a few people that the 5th is the expected date for restocking.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

mudduck48

BLA,BLA,BLA,  QUACK, QUACK,QUACKKKKKKKKKKKKK
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

YSYEO

BDS

Brian

I'm going to try the peep sight.  Looks like the LPA MIM sight is being developed by the same people as the Benjamin NP pistol.
Stranded in California.

BDS

Quote from: 7624452 on December 06, 2012, 12:25:17 AM
I'm going to try the peep sight.  Looks like the LPA MIM sight is being developed by the same people as the Benjamin NP pistol.

Ya, that's prob a good idea Art, when Chongman and I were waiting (weeks) for our MIMs, the cust service gal at Cros siad they were going through them after Cros QC rejected the lot that LPA had sent (over 200 units).

I don't know if LPA factory has fixed the problems whatever they were but... the dates keep moving!
Brian

I've just about finished with my custom shop 2300 .22.  The only thing else I need is open sights.  LPA MIM sights are not available anywhere, so I have ordered a Williams WGRS-54 peep sight to try out.  I have installed the 1701P grip frame and hammer assemblies.  I thought the hammer would be a drop in, but the 2300 tube has the breech screw in the rear position and I had to grind the top of the hammer to clear the screw.  I also installed a 2300S pressure adjust assembly, an extra barrel band, an Anthony R. stainless steel safety and extended probe brass bolt with stainless steel teardrop handle and hold open magnet and a custom stainless steel tri-wing end cap from mr007s.  I ordered it with RB grips, but I found I like the 1701P plastic grips better.
Stranded in California.

BDS

Brian

droid

Quote from: 7624452 on December 06, 2012, 04:26:45 AM
I've just about finished with my custom shop 2300 .22.  The only thing else I need is open sights.  LPA MIM sights are not available anywhere, so I have ordered a Williams WGRS-54 peep sight to try out.  I have installed the 1701P grip frame and hammer assemblies.  I thought the hammer would be a drop in, but the 2300 tube has the breech screw in the rear position and I had to grind the top of the hammer to clear the screw.  I also installed a 2300S pressure adjust assembly, an extra barrel band, an Anthony R. stainless steel safety and extended probe brass bolt with stainless steel teardrop handle and hold open magnet and a custom stainless steel tri-wing end cap from mr007s.  I ordered it with RB grips, but I found I like the 1701P plastic grips better.

Yes I like the new style plastic grips too.

Nice job.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk