C11 and laser sight

Started by birdmove, January 29, 2013, 11:26:18 AM

birdmove

I've had a Crosman C11 CO2 pistol for a couple of years now. I haven't shot it a lot, but recently started working with it again. The sight aren't too bad on it but are not adjustable. Mine shoots about an inch and a half to the right and a bit low. I decided to try an inexpensive laser sight and ordered one from Amazon.com. I installed it the other day. These lasers are a bit of work to adjust. It has 4 adjustment screws evenly spaced around the laser. To adjust in one direction, you have to loosen the two screws across from each other, so you can raise/lower, or windage adjust. I started by setting the dot right at the place where the front and rear open sights would be aiming at a wall in my house. That would give me a close starting point when I shot the gun outside. It took a bit of work, but I got the laser pretty well sighted in at 10 feet to put the BB at the dot. Today I shot some targets. I was just shooting 3 shot groups. This is from a picnic table and a rest taking my time. Often when shooting for group I will cut a small square of electricians tape and add these to the paper target to give me lots of bullseyes to a sheet. Interestingly, when I tried this using the laser, the dot, when draing a bead on the electricians tape, would all but dissapear. I was not expecting that. It must have to do with the reflective nature of the tape?? Anyway, my best group is 3/8". I had several groups with 2 shots in the same small hole, but a third would be off a bit. With a laser, you can shoot with one or both eyes open. I liked it best with both open.
    Anyway, the laser allowed me to adjust for a good centered group at least, and since it fits under the barrel, it doesn't interfere with the use of the open sights.
    I'll keep working with this setup, as it looks promising. I don't think the C11 is going to overtake my Crosman 357 in accuracy, or my new 1377 either, but it is still a fun gun to shoot. The laser set me back about $20.00.