Any Opinions C11 V C31 ?....

Started by allan.leigh04, February 03, 2013, 11:48:07 PM

allan.leigh04

Hi All,

As the title says.
Does anyone have any opinions regarding the C11 &C11 Tactical V the C31 ?....

I am, not really sure there is alot of difference between them all, and in a few days I will be ordering one of them.

My only thoughts are (and this may be inappropriate to say).
But the C11 Tactical with the fake thingy on the end of the barrel: could be pretty easily modified, and some additions made, to make it a not half bad real thingy.

If everyone gets my drift, says he endeavoring to not get the forum, or anyone else in strife, with US government rules about the said thingy.

In anticipation of other users experience with these weapons.

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Winners Never Quit...&.....Quitters Never Win .

MSN & YIM rarely turned on.

Crosshairs

There pretty much the same gun so pick the one you like better for looks. The T11 has a longer barrel under the fake muzzle brake and a bit more power. I have both guns and both are fun plinkers.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Noah

I have always loved my C11s if it helps  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Crosshairs

allan.leigh04

In addition on the C11 Tactical with laser fitted.

Once the weapon is zeroed, and any sight adjustments made, or aiming off to allow for where the shots land.

Once the laser is set up on the shot fall when aiming, does taking it off, and reattaching it, upset these setting ?.....
Or is it pretty good staying on where the shots will fall ?....

And irrespective of the weapon, can users let me know about the Crosman lasers remaining true, after removal and reattachment ?....

As I am partial to the C31, and may get a laser with it, which I doubt the weapon would fit in the supplied holster.

So any thoughts on this additional topic, would be appreciated

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Crosshairs

Quote from: allan.leigh04 on February 04, 2013, 01:09:09 AM
In addition on the C11 Tactical with laser fitted.

Once the weapon is zeroed, and any sight adjustments made, or aiming off to allow for where the shots land.

Once the laser is set up on the shot fall when aiming, does taking it off, and reattaching it, upset these setting ?.....
Or is it pretty good staying on where the shots will fall ?....

And irrespective of the weapon, can users let me know about the Crosman lasers remaining true, after removal and reattachment ?....

As I am partial to the C31, and may get a laser with it, which I doubt the weapon would fit in the supplied holster.

So any thoughts on this additional topic, would be appreciated

Just for the record i don't like calling recreation guns weapons, firearms is a better term IMO but you have every right to call them what ever you want. And yes the POI will change if you remove and replace the laser.BTW if you ever decide to get the C11 it uses the same mag as the C31.
Mike

allan.leigh04

Cool, Thanks.

I am very look at one, then the other, and change my mind.

But a decision will be made in the next few days.

Then just await delivery which I will allow a week plus for from a US company, given where I am located.

Regards

Allan

allan.leigh04

Hi Again,

Time differences just gone midday for me, and I guess those in the USA are asleep.

My mind is leaning now toward the C11, if for no other reason than it seems I can only find good reports.

In addition if I am correct, the C11 seems to have a  bit more metal to it, than the C31.

By all means set me straight regarding this matter, seeing at least one member has mentioned they have both.

I would also appreciate some directions given, regarding the best laser sight.
Seeing many of the reviews of the T11 were very critical of the Crosman laser, it's fitting and performance of adjustment screws.

Likewise suitable holsters, both for the bar versions, and if a laser sight is fitted.
Which from what I've read, may be better off above than below the barrel; due to the tightness of fitting space under the barrel.

Looking forward to more positive feedback, and direction, for a newbie to Crosman products in particular; and air powered pistol firearms in general.

Discounting my sole experience being recently with a KJWorks Mk1, a Ruger Mk1 copy; which performs well with the pellets, but dis;likes steel BB's.
I get one fired, low of course due to weight, then the next stuck in the barrel.
Requiring a strip, and get it out, before resuming with the plastic stuff.

Regards

Allan

Crosshairs

I don't think the C11 has any more metal then the C31 but the C31 has better sights IMO it's also a bit longer then the C11 hope this helps.
                                        Mike

quickster47 †

Mike, did you shoot this months BB competition event with one of these guns?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BigErn

I have the C31 and have been very pleased with it so far. Once you put a laser on the gun, it will not fit in the holster that comes with it though. The C11 and C31 are very similar but I like the C31 looks better. And like Mike said the rear sights are better on the C31 vs the C11. If you get the C31, make sure to glue the front sight on, it will come off and get lost.

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on February 04, 2013, 03:36:36 PM
Mike, did you shoot this months BB competition event with one of these guns?

Carl

Carl i used the Winchester 1911.
                                             Mike

allan.leigh04

Thanks all for all the information.
Now I am leaning toward the C31.
On that point. Is there a holster suitable for it with a decent laser fitted ?....
Or is it a case of once sighted in, and laser adjusted; treat it real carefully in a padded case arrangement if moving it, or the laser goes off the settings ?...

Regards

Allan

AZAG

Glad I found this thread, as I was just wondering the same thing...C11 or C31.

birdmove

Can't say about the C31, but I have the C11. I've had it for a few years, but it hasn't been shot a lot. The sights are fine to me on my C11. I don't like fiber optic sights though. My gun has been 100% reliable so far. I understand that some have problems with the magazine release. I wonder if they are slamming the mag into the gun? I push the magazine release as I install the mag to minimize shock and wear and tear. So far so good. I like the feel of the C11 a lot. It fits my hand well. Mine shot a bit low and right. I recently bought and installed and sighted a laser in on the C11. They are a little bit of work to sight in. These CO2 air pistols (not the 2400 and some other very accurate ones) are not known for their sparking accuracy. I usually put my targets at 10-15 feet. I get a bit better groups with the laser. A good group (from a bench) for me and my C11 is about 3/4 inch.  But many of my 3 shot groups I get 2 in almost one hole, and the 3rd away a little. This gun is never going to be as accurate as my Crosman 357. I can get (if I do my part) 5 into 1/4" at 15-20 feet with it.The 357 loves RWS Hobby pellets, which are a pain for me to get, as shipping here is spendy.