got a steel breech and a problem

Started by jSan22, February 08, 2013, 05:32:09 PM

jSan22

I just received a steel breech I purchased from someone and it has a read breech screw location..... my 1322 has a forward one. shucks. so, now what?
I'll probably have to find someone willing to trade breeches.

breakfastchef

Trade it

Find a machinist who can drill and tap the air tube for the new screw location (if you go this way, notch the hammer so it does not slam into the breech screw)

Find a machinst who can drill the breech for the current screw location
Larry

quickster47 †

Quote from: jSan22 on February 08, 2013, 05:32:09 PM
I'll probably have to find someone willing to trade breeches.

Keep your 'breechs' on and don't worry.   ;D

If you are handy with tools you can drill a new hole in the tube and tap it and then modify the hammer so that it does not destroy the that breech screw.  On the other hand, it might just be easier to trade the breech or order a new one for the 1377/1322 from Crosman.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on February 08, 2013, 05:37:30 PM
Keep your 'breechs' on and don't worry.   ;D

If you are handy with tools you can drill a new hole in the tube and tap it and then modify the hammer so that it does not destroy the that breech screw.  On the other hand, it might just be easier to trade the breech or order a new one for the 1377/1322 from Crosman.

Carl

x1
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jSan22

bgmcgee

It's the thingamajigger you use to make threads in the hole you drilled.  :P
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

turrrrdle

Quote from: jSan22 on February 08, 2013, 06:17:44 PM
OK.....what's a tap?

maybe you should find a local machinest that will cut you a deal it is just one tiny hole.
troll on troll, you know who you are.

Crosshairs

This set has the size you will need 4-40 if your going to do mods your going to need a set anyway. You can get them much cheaper then this set.
                                 Mike
http://www.zorotools.com/g/00066463/k-G1733627?srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=32-227461813-2&utm_source=channel_intelligence&ut m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricegrabber
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

WyoMan

If you can it might be better to swap for breech with the forward screw location
the forward location is closer to the TP and better clamping pressure for better seal  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

jSan22

DaveB50

Check your air tube to see if both holes are in it, on my new 2240 both forward and rear screw locations were there. I only had to mod the hammer to clear the rear screw location, I used a dremel with a cutting disc to notch it and a stone to smooth the cut. I suppose you could drill the breech for the forward hole location if you measure correctly, this wouldn't require a tap or mods to the hammer.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

BDS

I'll just come back when "threads 101" is over.... this is painful  :-X :D
Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: DaveB50 on February 08, 2013, 07:07:23 PM
Check your air tube to see if both holes are in it, on my new 2240 both forward and rear screw locations were there. I only had to mod the hammer to clear the rear screw location, I used a dremel with a cutting disc to notch it and a stone to smooth the cut. I suppose you could drill the breech for the forward hole location if you measure correctly, this wouldn't require a tap or mods to the hammer.

Hmm, he did state that his gun is a 1322 and on these guns there is only one hole drilled and tapped, unfortunately.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Fronzdan

Is this a standard Crosman made steel breech?

AgentWD40_FL

Maybe someone here can drill the breech for you.  Just a good drill press and good measuring capabilities can get it done. I'd offer, but all I have is a cheap pistol drill press.

There was a time I didnt know what a tap was either .... no worries as plenty of people are willing to show and teach. 

You've got options and at some point, someone is going to need a steel breech with the rear hole, so your not stuck with it. ... well, maybe today you are. :) But not for long, I'm sure.
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357