hammer ?

Started by bgmcgee, February 16, 2013, 01:36:23 AM

bgmcgee

OK, it's probably been brought up before. I have a 2300kt on order and about the only must do mod for now is the 1701 trigger. Does this pistol take the same hammer as the 1377, or is it different? Reason I ask I don't know the breech screw location on the new pistol but the solid hammer I got from Mellon air has the notch so I can do,or possibly find someone to do the jb weld mod to the 1377 hammer I have here then I am covered.  Oh and I tried the search but didn't get the right answers guess I was asking the wrong questions.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Crosshairs

The 13XX and the 22XX guns have different tube sizes so no to your question about the 1377 hammer. i think the P Rod hammer is what you will need or you can modify the 22XX hammer with a slot cut out so it wont hit the breech screw.There are a few post's here about this that can explain better then i can.
                                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bgmcgee

Thanks Mike I kind of thought the 22xx tube was bigger just wasn't sure. That's why I hang around here lots of good people with great info. Guess it's research time.

quickster47 †

As Mike mentioned the 1377 and 2240 hammers are different diameter. Also, your 2300KT will have the breech screw in the new rear location as that is the way they come from the CCS and that means your hammer has the notch.

Go to the pump gun section and take a look at my sticky about adding theb1701P trigger frame. If you read through it you will see how to do a 2240 hammer with JB Weld.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

the 1701p/marauder pistol indeed fits the 2XXX tubes and the discovery
im using one in in one of my guns and the rest of them have custom rear cocking hammers made for use with the 1701p/marauder pistol trigger group
the best feature of using a 1701p hammer is the ability to adjust it.you can either use the striker or 1/4-28 modded set screw
i use the set screw it allows for a longer hammer stroke
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

The 1701P hammer needs to be modified by grinding a notch to clear the new location rear breech screw.  Also, unless you drill a hole in the end cap adjusting the hammer is a royal PITA and really not worth the effort.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

bgmcgee

Thanks guys,really appreciate the info. Looks like I need to learn how to mod a hammer.

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on February 16, 2013, 02:09:12 AM
The 1701P hammer needs to be modified by grinding a notch to clear the new location rear breech screw.  Also, unless you drill a hole in the end cap adjusting the hammer is a royal PITA and really not worth the effort.

Carl

i guess imo it want much of a hassle to set my hammer stroke where i wanted it.it was definitely worth it! imo
you can set and forget the hammer stroke like i did.its set for max hammer stroke which in turn increases the velocity  or you can modify a marauder pistol end cap by drilling and tapping the mounting holes for the breech and grip frame
good catch with the modding of the 1701 hammer which onky needs to be done if using the new position 4-48 breech screw (only)
because i am using a discovery valve in my 2300 it was important to use the 1701 hammer fro its adjustability.trying to get the highest velocity possible at the lowest psi takes much tuning and every angle helps ;)

quickster47 †

Here is my thread that gives you plenty of information on adding the 1701P trigger frame and modifying your hammer to work with said trigger frame.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

breakfastchef

I would recommend the 1701P hammer. It is a drop in replacement and made for the job. You can save a few bucks eliminating the striker and filling the hole with a set screw topped off with a little JB Weld, and sanded flush. I stopped using the JB Weld mod on hammers after seeing that sear drag on a 13xx gun was starting to wear away the JB Weld on that particular hammer.
Larry

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 16, 2013, 02:59:51 AM
You can save a few bucks eliminating the striker and filling the hole with a set screw topped off with a little JB Weld, and sanded flush.

I've been doing the same mod to most of my 1701P hammers as well.  Just don't need the adjustability.  However, I did use an adjustable striker in my new Delrin hammers that I'm working on.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

bgmcgee

I've read through you're post a few times Carl. It got me through adding the trigger on my 1377. How hard is it to make the notch. I am pretty limited in my metal working tools and more importantly skills? Got to do it though because this trigger is well worth the time and money.

1377x

the thing i dont like about the marauder pistol hammer striker is it takes away some of the hammer stroke and in hpa a little .020 difference in stroke makes a noticeable difference velocity
rsterne has done some testing of hammer stroke and suggested a starting point to me.if he didnt suggest it and did the testing i wouldnt have known of the difference it makes just like the plugging of the bleed hole on the 2XXX tubes causes an air cushion that slows the hammer down
all in all thats what makes these guns so fun all the different possibilities that can be done to these guns

1377x

Quote from: bgmcgee on February 16, 2013, 03:15:53 AM
I've read through you're post a few times Carl. It got me through adding the trigger on my 1377. How hard is it to make the notch. I am pretty limited in my metal working tools and more importantly skills? Got to do it though because this trigger is well worth the time and money.
it can be done with a dremel sanding wheel or the grinding wheel cant recall which maybe both

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...