TKO LDC Question

Started by woody67, February 17, 2013, 07:28:49 PM

woody67

I just bought a 2400kt that I will set up as a pistol.

It has a 14.5 inch barrel, and I want to put an LDC on it. The barrel is a bit long for a pistol, so I'll probably end up going with a 12 or 10 inch barrel.

I am looking at a TKO ldc, but I see that they only go on the barrel 1 and a quarter inch.

Is that as far as they go, or as far as he says to put them? I don't really want 5 or 6 inches hanging off the end of the barrel with only 1 inch on. I'd rather it go on 3 to 5 inches.

Anyone know of any available shroud/ldc's? Too bad AC Customs isn't around anymore, his were pretty good...

breakfastchef

That is the maximum depth you can insert the barrel into his LDCs. The LDCs are very light so weight should not be a factor.

To be effective, though, you really need a few inches past the muzzle to be worthwhile. I would suggest a shorter barrel as a good solution.

You could also contact Neil Clague and run it by him. He is a nice fellow and builds excellent muzzle brakes.
Larry

arkmaker †

I think if you specify what you want up front, Mike will do it the way you want. No harm in asking, but it may decrease the efficiency of the noise reduction.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

woody67

I Meant i want about 3 or 4 inches on the barrel and 4 or 5 inches off the barrel....i should have said that...

The part that is on the barrel also captures escaping air/gas, and makes it quieter if its built the right way....

arkmaker †

Yep, bet he could do that too :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

tko used to do custom lengths
closed mouths dont get fed ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on February 17, 2013, 09:39:06 PM
tko used to do custom lengths
closed mouths dont get fed ;)

Mike still does custom lengths.  Just have to call and talk to him.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

tnpaw

Art's Schack has a nice Carbon Fiber, with brass or aluminum trim! And the do a good job to quieten down the noise! See my thread about the Buntline! I have a 14" barrel on it in pistol form nd I like it! Accurate off the bag and I am busting a soup can with consitently out to 20-25 yards! Art doesn't have them on his web site but if you email him he will and does make them! I am getting another from him in March! Already emailed him and got the Can Do! From art!......tnpaw

1377x

the only thing with art-shack is you have to add your own internals not unless that has changed ???
closed mouths dont get fed