2400kt pistol

Started by woody67, February 18, 2013, 03:24:20 PM

woody67

I ordered a 2400kt...pretty much just because i have a ton of .22 pellets left that i didnt sell. I will probably sell the gun when the pellets run out.

Anyway, i will put a p-rod grip frame on it, and probably a bnm breech and shroud.

I want this as a pistol, but the barrel is 14 inches, so it will be a bit long. Thats fine with me.

Anyone have experience with sergios shrouds...i have a few questions!
          1. With a 14.5 inch barrel, will sergios 14 inch shroud be ebouh to keep it quiet (keep in mind a couple inches of barrel go in the breech)...or should i go with a 16 inch shroud?

Also, has anyone built a pistol that had a 16 inch shroud? I imagine it would be overly long, but i cant exactlyicture it.
Maybe i should get a 12 inch barrel and go with a 14 inch shroud?

Anyone have pictures of a pistol w/similar barrel/shroud length?

Btw, i want the most power out of a basic setup, so i want a somewhat long barrel...no 10 incher on this one... :-*

woody67

Way to be enthusiastic on this one, guys.

quickster47 †

No experience myself but from a practical point of view you are going to be really long in the barrel and shroud and it then becomes more of a carbine and not a pistol, sort of.  I think it would end up looking like the gun the Joker used in the first Batman movie.

But I write all this without actually having seen one so it might just turn out a-okay.  Give it a go and then we'll have some first hand experience for the next victim, er experimenter.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

Quote from: woody67 on March 14, 2013, 01:33:00 PM

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10584.0.html
Posted by: woody67[size=0.85em]« on: Today at 07:33:00 »[/size][size=0.85em][/size][/size]
[size=0.85em]Insert Quote[/r]
[/size]
  • [size=0.85em][/l]

did we miss something ??? :P :) [size=0.85em] [/size][/size]
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

woody67

Haha, yeah...it had 80 views and no responses. I was making a joke  :D

onebaddj

I have a 2400 kt with 18 in barrel and during the velocity tests i left off the stock and shot it as a pistol. It was very unbalanced with out the bipod on it. If the front end is rested for a bench rest match or something i can see it being ok to shoot but if your trying to hold it free hand you will feel like the joker pictured above. Only way i can see that being stable in the off hand is if there was a balance weight added to the rear mounted to where the rear cap or power adjuster is placed.

No experience with the shroud mentioned. I have tko breaks on mine.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

woody67

Quote from: onebaddj on March 14, 2013, 03:41:24 PM
I have a 2400 kt with 18 in barrel and during the velocity tests i left off the stock and shot it as a pistol. It was very unbalanced with out the bipod on it. If the front end is rested for a bench rest match or something i can see it being ok to shoot but if your trying to hold it free hand you will feel like the joker pictured above. Only way i can see that being stable in the off hand is if there was a balance weight added to the rear mounted to where the rear cap or power adjuster is placed.

No experience with the shroud mentioned. I have tko breaks on mine.

Thanks...I already have mine put together. It has a 14.5 inch barrel and a 16 inch shroud.
It's quite comfortable to hold, even with the heavy scope setup I have on it....

DaveB50

Would like to see some pics., sounds cool.
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

chongman

I built a 2400 pistol with a 12" barrel in the Gauntlet and dig the look and balance.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...