check this out

Started by 1377x, March 02, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

You know what they say 'There's one born every minute'.  But on eBay they line up in droves.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

What you do not know is if he sells many, if any, of these parts. He may have cronies that bid up the price and then complete a fake transaction after the sale only to relist again.
Larry

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 03, 2013, 12:03:17 AM
What you do not know is if he sells many, if any, of these parts. He may have cronies that bid up the price and then complete a fake transaction after the sale only to relist again.
What would that accomplish other than losing a fee to ebay?

breakfastchef

Quote from: BerkshireHunter on March 03, 2013, 12:14:38 AM
What would that accomplish other than losing a fee to ebay?

Those times that the bids are run up high, and the guy makes the sale, he more than recovers the piddly listing fee. The whole concept is to create value where there otherwise is very little.
Larry

Crosshairs

Man i wish he had more at such a good price i would buy them all  ;D  ;D
                                     Mike
PS and some dummy will pay that price to.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Bigger question is, why aren't we all doing that very same thing with our left over/spare parts?

Heck, with just a few sales we could be buying more guns to work on and create more parts to sell.

Anybody???

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on March 03, 2013, 01:08:28 AM
Bigger question is, why aren't we all doing that very same thing with our left over/spare parts?

Heck, with just a few sales we could be buying more guns to work on and create more parts to sell.

Anybody???

Carl

I ask myself that question and i would rather hang on to them for one of the members who just might need a part. Or even build another gun.
                                    Mike
                                       Mike

airguns100

I just built an entire gun out of spare parts.  8)  --Just need a breech. grr  ;D
The OG gangster of the "bling"

WyoMan

Quote from: quickster47 on March 02, 2013, 11:59:02 PM
You know what they say 'There's one born every minute'.  But on eBay they line up in droves.

Carl

Second nature to us but some airgun enthusiasts will be in awe of that stuff from EBay dude....
Its easy to forget....this forum has the elite of the airgun modder's  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 03, 2013, 12:03:17 AM
$8 here $10 there
that will start to add up if thats the case
ebay makes a little over 10% from each sale not including the listing not to mention the 4% paypal makes off each transaction

mudduck48

You sell something for $10 you are lucky to get $8.50 in your pocket. Fees, fees,fees, we need more fees! Sounds like Gov. brown in Ca. More fees, more taxes.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 03, 2013, 05:40:56 AM
You sell something for $10 you are lucky to get $8.50 in your pocket. Fees, fees,fees, we need more fees! Sounds like Gov. brown in Ca. More fees, more taxes.
thats a whopping 15%
i dont care how i can sell it for thats really eating into the profits

arkmaker †

The choice is there. I have bought and sold on eBay, parts that did not sell here, have sold for up to 3 times my forum asking price!  Also, bought parts that I could not get on the forums and may have laid a premium, but it was by choice.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Quote from: arkmaker on March 03, 2013, 01:13:37 PM
The choice is there. I have bought and sold on eBay, parts that did not sell here, have sold for up to 3 times my forum asking price!  Also, bought parts that I could not get on the forums and may have laid a premium, but it was by choice.
Rich
Very true.