"Gauntlet II" Looking for input...

Started by chongman, March 16, 2013, 12:46:08 AM

chongman

There's been word drops here and there on the forum so we should figure out what we want to do...

This Gauntlet can be wide open, different class of airgun and we go for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each class. Voting method will have to be figured out at a later date.

People's Choice?
Honorable Mention?

Classes ?

CO2
Bulk Fill
Pumper
Carbine

Set a date for the showing ?

I was thinking September. That gives all the builders time to gather parts and still have a nice summer.

Let's get some input and get it going  :D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

quickster47 †

Hmm, gots to cogitate on that a little bit.  Not sure we have enough that would participate to have more than one class at a time.  But then we certainly don't want to discriminate against anyone.

Need to mull it over a bit before I can make a recommendation.  And we definitely need to come up with a fail proof, reliable voting idea.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

I like the way it was. Leaves room for everyone that wants to play and also opens the creative juices to not be stymied by having to build only one type of shooter. Just me.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

targettgii

With a deadline of September I may be able to throw something together got a couple ideas rattling around sounds good to me. :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

chongman

Quote from: BigErn on March 16, 2013, 12:56:32 AM
I'm halfway done with mine  8)

Now that's the kind of attitude to have  ;)

I have some wicked ideas that will come out  :-*

Brent

Quote from: arkmaker on March 16, 2013, 01:53:25 AM
I like the way it was. Leaves room for everyone that wants to play and also opens the creative juices to not be stymied by having to build only one type of shooter. Just me.
Rich

I am not sure I am even going to be able to get into this... but I tend to agree with Rich here. I think part of the charm and fun for everyone the last time... was that it was wide open to what ever their minds eye, parts, and desires were for them. Seemed to make the camaraderie of it more genuine, and the poking at each other funner. Just saying is all. Kinda feel like I should stay out of it, as I am not sure I will be building something for it even. Just my 2¢

chongman

Wide open is my choice, bling, tactical, whatever you want to build.

droid

For me it should be a no holds barred new project full custom build off then at least everyone knows the score from the outset. I found it hard to compare genuine spare parts builds with full on customs jobbies. Mine in particular was an almost complete gun, albeit it was in spares and is again now awaiting new parts.

If there are enough entries then maybe after the winner there maybe class winners ie carbines, pistols, pumpers, innovation, old school etc..
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Davio

If September is the target date, since we are all "friends" here, lets just see how many sign on between now and then... and go ahead and at least say whether you are doing a pumper or CO2. That number of brothers and by type will tell us whether or not to make it one category or more.

As for voting, winning, placing, showing and all that: Either way as far I am am concerned, because I am not concerned.  If the goal was to win, then I would build what I am certain would impress this wonderful bunch.  But that is not what I plan to build.  I am going to do new things every time and do not want to second guess myself over whether it would win or not.  If I did a green paisley grip (I'm not) and coated the thing zombie green... make it shoot .22 cal green gelcaps... and named it "Mucinex", then it is what it is without regard to established wow factor.

I truly enjoyed seeing all the entries.  Like everyone else, I had a mental vote and ranking.  But they were all good and worthwhile.  I would not want to list the ranking from top to bottom publicly because it would send the wrong message to the ones not on top or even mentioned.  Again, they were all good and worthwhile.

If you do vote and post the "winners", then be sure and get the vote for how many places you are going to go for.  My years as a quality engineer and regular user of statistics still has me wondering how you can get one vote per person from such a small population and then post three levels for two categories. And if anybody voted for themselves, then that is really whack to the max beyond Thunderdome as far as skewing the data and its interpretation.

I need to go to sleep now.   ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

sandpiper

So is September first the deadline  ???

mr007s

I also like how the recent Gaunlet was presented.
But since my spare parts are still being held hostage by JA I plan to submit my imaginary build. It will be very low power, long barrel in 50 cal for applying Preparation H to hard to reach areas.

chongman

It seems that so far a wide open format as before is preferred.

7 yeas and 1 undecided

For the date of 1 September to show by is hard to read.

5 yeas

arkmaker †

I like September, it gives me time to gather some goodies ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22