"Gauntlet II" Looking for input...

Started by chongman, March 16, 2013, 12:46:08 AM

Crosshairs

Quote from: arkmaker on March 16, 2013, 01:53:25 AM
I like the way it was. Leaves room for everyone that wants to play and also opens the creative juices to not be stymied by having to build only one type of shooter. Just me.
Rich
Quote from: chongman on March 16, 2013, 05:36:19 AM
Wide open is my choice, bling, tactical, whatever you want to build.
x1 i  agree leave it wide open. As far as voteing i really don't care if i win or not it was a lot of fun and a got a chance to see some beaautiful work done by my fellow members. As it was said before we're all winners.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

gdm620

I say have it open with at least one Crosman part of some kind on it.  I like seeing all the variety of ideas that comes from a open contest. 

As for voting when it is all done make a list of all the people in the contest and number them 1,2,3,4 ect.  Then post The voting rules and list and lock the thread.  Then forum members will pick the one they like and PM someone that is chosen to tallie the votes.  Have a time limit on voting say like a week after the contest ends.  When the time is up the most with the votes wins first and so on down the line.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

quickster47 †

Quote from: chongman on March 16, 2013, 05:36:19 AM
Wide open is my choice, bling, tactical, whatever you want to build.

I agree with wide open and September is a good month.  Count me in.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

HappyHunter

I myself like the "wide open" concept as each member can build what THEY want, not what somebody else imposes on them. For example, I like HPA (regulated or not), therefore don't really want to have to build a 1377 or 2289 pumper in order to qualify. Same can be said for other members who want to do the opposite of me... :-*

With the nice weather coming and people getting out more and doing spring cleanup, "summer activities" etc, I think the September 1st deadline is a good idea. Plenty of time for everyone to get their entries ready. With the extra time alotted, could possibly get more entries too - which means more eye-candy for all of us to drool over...always a good thing!  8)

Todd
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

quickster47 †

Yepper, I got a really cool idea.  Only thing Crosman is the trigger.  ;D  So I am thinking it is eligible.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

I just want to keep it fair to all members some may not have the money to go out and buy new stuff so lets keep that in mind. Maybe we can have a poor mans category or no custom parts category something like that.
                                             Mike

droid

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 16, 2013, 02:47:49 PM
I just want to keep it fair to all members some may not have the money to go out and buy new stuff so lets keep that in mind. Maybe we can have a poor mans category or no custom parts category something like that.
                                             Mike

I agree Mike, not got any answer to it though  :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner

How about a WITHIN THE ASIA Gauntlet contest   :P..I wish I could get them parts as easy as you can gents but no it's not the case  :(

arkmaker †

There is a guy over in the Philippines that has been making some dynamite 2240 knockoffs!! I mean awesome stuff!! I wish I could get my little arthritic fingers on some of those parts!! I have seen them over on the green and recently on the Yellow. Quite a talented metalworker.

And Carl? Uhhh.......NO NO NO........you can not enter that behemoth! But you could send it to me for some further testing  :D

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

WyoMan

Quote from: arkmaker on March 16, 2013, 06:59:28 PM

And Carl? Uhhh.......NO NO NO........you can not enter that behemoth! But you could send it to me for some further testing  :D

Rich

;D ;D ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

arkmaker †

Hey, how about doubling the amount of pics to 6+ this time around? I have a feeling that there will be more details to show off this time around, with the longer time frame to complete.

What do you guys think?
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Quote from: arkmaker on March 16, 2013, 07:08:06 PM
Hey, how about doubling the amount of pics to 6+ this time around? I have a feeling that there will be more details to show off this time around, with the longer time frame to complete.

What do you guys think?
Rich
x1

Brent

Quote from: arkmaker on March 16, 2013, 07:08:06 PM

What do you guys think?
Rich

Sounds Good  :)

droid

I struggled to get one decent photo. I better start now if I need 6  ;D
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

chongman

Big thumbs up on more pics displayed  :-*

We do need to host them on Photobucket type sites, can't be hogging up the bandwidth on the CAPOF server.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...