"Gauntlet II" Looking for input...

Started by chongman, March 16, 2013, 12:46:08 AM

arkmaker †

Using that train of thought and to be honest, I had two pistols and swapped parts so I could make a one into a stock 2240 for this month's comps. What I had leftover plus a few parts from the junk drawer made up my entry pistol. My thinking was if a gun is in parts, isn't it now considered parts?
OK Didn't win anyway, but I'll disqualify myself from the last comp. I should have enough parts for my next build though!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Quote from: arkmaker on March 22, 2013, 01:11:42 PM
OK Didn't win anyway, but I'll disqualify myself from the last comp.
Rich

You can't do that, it's against the rules, and that also includes the UNWRITTEN rules.  :P

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

droid

Quote from: arkmaker on March 22, 2013, 01:11:42 PM
Using that train of thought and to be honest, I had two pistols and swapped parts so I could make a one into a stock 2240 for this month's comps. What I had leftover plus a few parts from the junk drawer made up my entry pistol. My thinking was if a gun is in parts, isn't it now considered parts?
OK Didn't win anyway, but I'll disqualify myself from the last comp. I should have enough parts for my next build though!
Rich

That's what most people did Rich, as it is a fun event it shouldn't matter how we do it.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

arkmaker †

I'm going to finish the stubby off by polishing the original barrel you had on it, minus another inch so the disco site sits flush with the tube. Also a couple other little do dads.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

chongman

Quote from: arkmaker on March 22, 2013, 01:20:05 PM
I'm going to finish the stubby off by polishing the original barrel you had on it, minus another inch so the disco site sits flush with the tube. Also a couple other little do dads.
Rich

Hmmmmm... so a possibility of a couple of stubby/compacts may be in the line up  :D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

arkmaker †

Nah, it will not compete with yours or Carl's. Will be a cross between the two.

dan_house

Sooo we just announce our intentions to enter, or just show up at the deadline with a completed piece?
:)
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

targettgii

While we are all being honest, I haven't been at this long enough to have a surplus of parts, so most of mine would have been bought for the build. ???
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

chongman

Quote from: targettgii on March 23, 2013, 01:32:15 AM
While we are all being honest, I haven't been at this long enough to have a surplus of parts, so most of mine would have been bought for the build. ???

No worries mate. Wherever your parts come from it doesn't matter, buy, beg, trade, it's all good  :-*

Quote from: dan_house on March 22, 2013, 06:13:39 PM
Sooo we just announce our intentions to enter, or just show up at the deadline with a completed piece?
:)

I propose we start a thread for entries and leave this going for questions and general discussion pertaining to Gauntlet II  :)

targettgii

Cool parts is parts, dang that means I have to spend money now dang :D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

chongman

I got a household item for one of my builds!

A fluorescent green plastic toothbrush and I know just what I'm going to make from it... no can't tell ya  ;D

Brent

Quote from: arkmaker on March 18, 2013, 11:32:27 PM
I think the point of the last Gauntlet was to just do it and have fun. That's why it worked. Maybe I'm wrong, but once you start putting all kind of rules in place, the fun goes out of it and I predict that there will not be many entries. I'm probably wrong though.

Just me and maybe I'm a bit of a rebel and non conformist, but I just don't like building within set parameters as a hobby. I have to do that for a living  :(
[size=78%] [/size]
That's what I have been feeling and saying about the last Gauntlet too.  Glad to see this come around full circle. Now everyone can build something and bring it to the party... bling and/ or no bling... no worries. Just everyone having fun building a gun... and joining in. Cool  :)

Heck... I've even been considering and looking at building a new 10m shooter... this just gives me more reason to do so. Might just not show it off then if I do... until Sept now lol  ;)

Crosshairs

Carl you should put the deadline dates in the entry thread.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 23, 2013, 03:23:42 PM
Carl you should put the deadline dates in the entry thread.
Mike

I will do that if we are all settled on the end date of 00:59 1 September 2013.

Are we going to wait for Brutuz to drop the ball and tell us when to start or is it a go ahead and do it right now thing?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on March 23, 2013, 04:07:18 PM
I will do that if we are all settled on the end date of 00:59 1 September 2013.

Are we going to wait for Brutuz to drop the ball and tell us when to start or is it a go ahead and do it right now thing?

Carl

I would say good to go, i already ordered parts i'm ready bro's. But Brother Chongman should have the finally say it's his idea. Just my two cents that don't add up to much.
                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!