Five Easy Probes

Started by quickster47 †, March 25, 2013, 03:59:47 PM

sshewins

Ok, just had me another thought. Why re-invent the wheel. If you have an extra hollow probe lying around,  fill the drill intersection with some epoxy and reshape it.

All this is based on never having seen a hollow probe, just assuming that it is made by drilling two holes and calling it a day.

I don't know, maybe I'm over-thinking it.
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

arkmaker †

Quote from: sshewins on November 06, 2013, 05:21:56 PM
I don't know, maybe I'm over-thinking it.

Nahh........That's half the fun!!  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Quote from: arkmaker on November 06, 2013, 08:37:36 PM

Nahh........That's half the fun!!  :-*

So true ....  if it doesn't work, try it again ... and again ..... and again .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

Yep, but my probe experimentation has run its course for a little bit ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Quote from: arkmaker on November 07, 2013, 01:53:19 AM
Yep, but my probe experimentation has run its course for a little bit ;)

:D ...That's what SHE said!  ;D  :-*
Brian

quickster47 †

^^^ Now those last two posts are exceedingly funny.  ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

I just reread this post ... again thanks Carl ....  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Always interesting to review (some) of the old threads, also interesting to see the one, or two time visitor/members (at least 6 guys in this thread) who went away never to return?
Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: BDS on January 30, 2014, 05:10:28 PM
Always interesting to review (some) of the old threads, also interesting to see the one, or two time visitor/members (at least 6 guys in this thread) who went away never to return?

You are so correct Brian.  I just went back and reviewed the thread to see how many folks have disappeared.  Amazing.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

I am "correct"?  Ya... once in awhile.

I think many of those guys are here for a quick "mod-my-gun for me" visit.

Do you think we have 50 hardcore members? Maybe fewer?
Brian

ped

the uk crosman forum suffers this new members (not all) seem to have a problem ask a few questions get some advice then are never heard of again unfortunately thats how the world is
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

sshewins

I'm still around. I just don't post unless I have something semi-intelligent to add. Or something possibly funny.   :-*
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

quickster47 †

Quote from: sshewins on February 01, 2014, 04:10:01 PM
I'm still around. I just don't post unless I have something semi-intelligent to add. Or something possibly funny.   :-*

I like that.  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

MavStone

I need to find me a forum without so much chatter!

You guys talk too much....  ;D

---- Keepin' it simple ----
Accuracy - Power - Styling

Paul55

What a great read, thanks for all your hard work in this.  I have an idea, no idea if it's feasible though & no metal working tools or skills to find out, but here goes.  Could you make a solid probe, the same length as a hollow probe the drill out the centre to make a tube.  Then instead of drilling a hole, remove the bottom section of the probe.  I envision the probe looking  a bit like a train tunnel.  Does that make any sense?  If the rear of the hollow tube part was curved forward would this also help gas flow?  An awful description I know but hopefully you'll get what I mean  :-[