Hello Trail NP Pistol Owners

Started by BDS, April 02, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

BigErn

Sweeeeet!!!! I see a trigger guard laser on the horizon for me  :)

KBR97

I'm not sure if I like it... ???

It was shooting a little low and its heavy, probably weighs as much as 2 13xx's. And the trigger feels like a 2 stage, not a single stage. There is some pull, then a spot where it feels like its going to engage, then just a tad more and it shoots.

Not sure if its my "cup of tea" yet. Can't wait to see some first impressions from others.

I'm not the most experienced shooter and I'm just making these comparisons to a 1377 and a IZH 53m that I own.

Going back outside now   ;)

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

BDS

Thanks, and a comparo to your Izzy and 1377 is a tough one, spring guns are heav(ier) the triggers are different beasts etc etc.

Good feedback... :-*
Brian

KBR97

Just came back in from another quick round of shooting. This is very interesting....give me a minute to get some pics uploaded.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

BDS

Cool beans.. and I don't know if this pistol will like to be held lightly, one-hand, two-handed, firmly held or some combo of the two? The standard answer to the "hold" question for spring guns is the artillery-hold, i.e lightly held and let it repeat/recoil with the same hold each time, this is gonna be interesting ;)
Brian

RC1947

On a SP/NP gun, the quality and design of the trigger can be a make or break issue as to accuracy.  The sear is holding back a lot of tension.  I always shoot 2-handed with a springer, and never grasp the gun with the off hand, but use it as a rest.  Give it time, especially since there's a break in period where it might not group very well.  And, of course, there's the hunt for the right pellet. RC

BDS

Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: KBR97 on April 02, 2013, 05:16:16 PM
I'm going to need some time before I get out there and shoot it. The gun feels nice in hand, sights are pretty nice with the fiber optics, feels a little heavy. Well heavier than I imagined.

Send it down here to Tennessee and I'll do a 'Quick' evaluation and send it right back, this year.  ;D :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KBR97

Ok so after going back outside with some disappointment as to how this pistol was performing, I was pleasantly surprised as to how "surgically" accurate this pistol became once I removed that abomination of a cocking assist. That piece of plastic is 100% useless besides aiding in cocking the pistol. Only reason I left it on is because it was advertised as "you can leave it on". And its obviously alot easier to cock the gun with more leverage. The cocking aid does help big time but it is possible to do without.

Edit...and the trigger is adjustable, I haven't messed with it yet though.

Here's some pics of 1" orange stickers that I use for targets. These were all shot from 20ft, standing, two hand hold.

RWS Diabolo Basic - 5 shots

RWS Diabolo Basic - 8-10 shots

RWS Meisterkugeln - 5 shots Pulled one shot a little high.

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

BDS

Quote from: quickster47 on April 02, 2013, 07:40:12 PM
Send it down here to Tennessee and I'll do a 'Quick' evaluation and send it right back, this year.  ;D :D

Carl

Yes, please send it to: "Carl" (BDS) c/o post master zip code 83642, Meridian, Idaho  :D  ;D  ;D
Brian

KBR97

Quote from: quickster47 on April 02, 2013, 07:40:12 PM

Carl
:o no no no...lol. After those groupings I just posted....yea right!
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

BDS

Oh ya... that's what I'm talkin about!  :-* Did the cocking assist fit loose or otherwise impede pellet progress? Maybe it's just a lousy inner tube shape that messes with the air-flow or makes turbulence? Great feedback KBR... keep e'm coming!  :-*

Brian

BigErn

Quote from: BDS on April 02, 2013, 07:44:26 PM
Yes, please send it to: "Carl" (BDS) c/o post master zip code 83642, Meridian, Idaho  :D  ;D  ;D

;D ;D ;D nice try B!

KBR97

No its fits very snug. Thats why I left it on, I didn't want to keep taking it off, lol.

And just to make sure it was the culprit, after shooting those 3 groupings I put it back on and the shots all hit way too low and were not as tight.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

BDS

cool beans.. that assist device is creating turbulence of some type and in .177 it takes very, very little to knock down accuracy.

KBR you get the "first to report prize" on the Benji pistol, it's worth darn near nothing as a prize but, you have our undying gratitude, which can be (arguably) also worth very little  :D but you know what I mean... thanks for the info and keep it coming, RC is about ready to buy at least one of these pistolas and I'm prob not far behind him at the cash machine!  8)  :-*
Brian