Hello Trail NP Pistol Owners

Started by BDS, April 02, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

Fronzdan

Yep I can add another data point to the cocking assist thingy possibly impacting accuracy. I have a "Ruger" spring pistol that also comes with a cocking assist attachment that also can be left on. There is absolutely no way it impedes the pellet. Put it on and the thing shoots all over the place.  I think BDS has it right....it must create turbulence that throws off the pellet trajectory.

KBR97

Quote from: BDS on April 02, 2013, 07:55:20 PM

KBR you get the "first to report prize" on the Benji pistol

:D Woohoooo! lol. I took a sick day today so I figured what the hell. Being that I live in the same state as the pistol was being shipped from I had a feeling I would get it pretty early. Couldn't wait to get some pics and feedback up on here for you guys who were anxiously awaiting the UPS truck or trying to make up your mind about the pistol.

Can't wait to see more reports from other members as they are received.

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

RC1947

That's pretty nice grouping for a new pistol and a shooter who, I'm assuming, hasn't had much experience with piston guns.  That Crosman has made the trigger adjustable is a step in the right direction.  RC

BDS

Quote from: Fronzdan on April 02, 2013, 08:03:39 PM
Yep I can add another data point to the cocking assist thingy possibly impacting accuracy. I have a "Ruger" sprint pistol that also comes with a cocking assist attachment that also can be left on. There is absolutely no way it impedes the pellet. Put it on and the thing shoots all over the place.  I think BDS has it right....it must create turbulence that throws off the pellet trajectory.

Another data point on cocking assist handles... thx Fronz

RC... how about you? Cocking assist handles a problem ? ???
Brian

RC1947

Quote from: BDS on April 02, 2013, 08:08:12 PM
Another data point on cocking assist handles... thx Fronz

RC... how about you? Cocking assist handles a problem ? ???

Well, the only pistol I leave it installed on is the Ruger, but I'm going to have to do some experimenting to see if there is a difference.  It's not an issue that I've considered, but this thread seems to say that I should. RC

RC1947

Since I had the Ruger out because it's my gun of the day, I just shot 10 shots with, and 10 shots without the cocking assist thing.  There is no difference in the groups at my end.  1/4" groups from 5 yds. either way. ??? RC

arkmaker †

Quote from: BDS on April 02, 2013, 07:55:20 PM
cool beans.. that assist device is creating turbulence of some type and in .177 it takes very, very little to knock down accuracy.

KBR you get the "first to report prize" on the Benji pistol, it's worth darn near nothing as a prize but, you have our undying gratitude, which can be (arguably) also worth very little  :D but you know what I mean... thanks for the info and keep it coming, RC is about ready to buy at least one of these pistolas and I'm prob not far behind him at the cash machine!  8) :-*

Bet the folks over at Crosman are loving this post!! What better advertising can you get?
I can't wait to see the other guys reviews.....I see one of these adorning my cache sometime in the future  :-*
How loud is it compared to the 1377 at 10 pumps??
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

seagullplayer

I am sure glad I stopped back by this thread before heading home, now I know the cocking assist may be an issue.  I might never have though about it being a problem!  8)

I will try it both ways.  Hope I get to spend a few minutes with it tonight. 
Maybe I better stop an pick-up a few flash light battery's.    :P
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

BDS

Seagull... no pressure... take all of 3 to 4 minutes for yourself when you get home then ... RANGE REPORT!  :D
Brian

kraaash

Kb,. How is cocking it without the assit thingy?

KBR97

If the front sight wasn't there it wouldn't be too bad, lol. It is do-able without it though. There's just not enough material at the end if the barrel to make it practical though. That being said...all the shots I took without the assist attached were also cocked without the assist attached. It was in my back pocket.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

seagullplayer

Well, it is heavy and not very balanced.

I agree the cocking assist does effect accuracy, or at least trajectory.
It seems to shoot MUCH lower with it in place.

I still need to work a bit on the sights, and I think it needs a little more break-in.

The 40th pellet was more repeatable than the 4th.  I will have to spend more time with it.

Cocking without the assist is doable, but if you are going to shoot much at one time you will want to use it.

I wish the safety was auto.

Before I finished I busted a couple of cans from about 20 yards, it did that pretty well.

I plan to spend some more time with it later this week.  So far it is not my favorite, wish it was different, maybe it will grow on me.

If you like a springer pistol, I think you will like this much more.
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

Tater

Could a TKO be used instead of using the assist? It would be a multi=purpose doofer.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

I wonder if you drill some holes around the cocking assist thing like a muzzle brake would help it's accuracy when it's left on.
                                     mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

KevinP

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 03, 2013, 03:44:46 AM
I wonder if you drill some holes around the cocking assist thing like a muzzle brake would help it's accuracy when it's left on.
                                     mike

I was thinking the same thing...

also ...... try shooting some cut off que tips dipped with  goo gone and then dry ones till they come out clean ...
Kevin
Albany, New York