.25 cal pellet as a power adjuster/spring load

Started by woody67, April 04, 2013, 04:51:48 PM

woody67

I had a small issue with a power adjuster installation the other day.... the screw holes in the adjuster weren't lined up properly when they were drilled. A replacement is on it's way to me from the seller.

I was looking forward to the increase in power, and was not willing to accept defeat for even a few days! So I started looking around for something to put in the endcap behind my spring. What ended up working absolutely perfectly was a .25 CAL H&N BARACUDA PELLET!!

It fits perfectly into the endcap, and the dome head fits perfectly inside the inner part of the spring. It offers just enough extra length to put a nice amount of pre-load (?) on the spring.

I don't know if I will even bother installing the actual power adjuster when it gets here. This pellet fix seems to be doing the job perfectly, and when I use a power adjuster, I just set it to the setting I like and never touch it again anyway...

ped

i was useing a m4 plain nut in the end cap and a spring guide in the hammer for preload i've since made a spring guide out of ptfe that is a bit longer to add the same preload
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

breakfastchef

Won't the soft pellet crush under the pressure of the hammer spring?
Larry