C 31 CO2 leak ?...... Fix ?......

Started by allan.leigh04, April 05, 2013, 04:52:28 AM

allan.leigh04

Hi All,

My relatively new C 31 has a noticeable CO2 leak.

From a fresh new cartridge yesterday, with about 12 shots through it, averaging 490 to 500 fps.

This morning with a 6 shot re-test, it was down to around an average of 216 fps.

Does anyone have suggestions for a D.I.Y. fix ?....

As living in Thailand, it cost me an arm and a leg to get it through Customs: so I can't afford to send it back to the USA, and RL Airguns.

Cheers  Allan

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Winners Never Quit...&.....Quitters Never Win .

MSN & YIM rarely turned on.

breakfastchef

Just perused the parts diagram for the pistol. The leak is probably in the valve assembly but could also be at the CO2 cartridge seal. You might want to tear it down and look for any burrs or damage to the seals and rings. Maybe you can find a suitable replacement for some of the internal parts from a local hardware store.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/C31%20EVP2.pdf

Contact RL and see what they have to say. Perhpas, they can send Crosman parts to you.
Larry