The Benjamin Trail NP Pistol

Started by BigErn, April 05, 2013, 05:01:42 PM

chongman

Pistol looks fantastic at your place Ernesto  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 06, 2013, 12:17:04 AM
Nice job Ern the good looks better in your pictures then in Crosmans pictures.
                           Mike

+1 Great review sir. I hope the red dot tightens up for you.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

Quote from: Fronzdan on April 05, 2013, 07:16:49 PM
Great review BigErn!

I wonder if an adapter with more contact area would grip that dovetail better, as RC mantioned.  I doubt there's a stop pin hole.  Did you see any effects from the cocking device as others have?

It sure looks nice in those pics!  Well done.  Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks! I tried the UTG adapter mount and it would not sit straight. The Trail breech is more round and the UTG mount is more flat so it was off to one side  >:(  There is no stop pin hole on the breech. The gun shoots better without the device but it's really hard to cock without it too. I only took a few shots without the device and it grouped well. I think you guys will be pleased with just the stock sights.

1377x

do you have a chrony?
any numbers?
closed mouths dont get fed

BigErn

BigErn

I spent some time yesterday with this pistol. The gun WILL NOT group well with the cocking assist! It's all over the place with it on. Without it it shoots very well. I just got used to cocking it without the assist. After a while my hand started to hurt so I put the assist on to cock it then then removed it for shooting. Not too bad but sucks that it is the only way for the gun to shoot well. So if you are thinking about getting this one forget about having the cocking assist on all the time. The trigger is getting a bit smoother after some use. The gun is almost as loud as 2240 in case anyone was wondering  :)

willc

I got mine yesterday from PA and I really want to like this pistol but I cannot site this thing in with the open sites.
To the point where there is barely any thread holding I am still 10" low.
If I take the knob off and let the site be sprung out then I am 5" too high.

Is anyone else having this type of problem?

Otherwise my groups are tight and I like the feel and action of the pistol.
I hate sending stuff back but this may have to go.

I would appreciate any feedback.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

KBR97

Quote from: willc on April 14, 2013, 11:46:18 PM
I got mine yesterday from PA and I really want to like this pistol but I cannot site this thing in with the open sites.
To the point where there is barely any thread holding I am still 10" low.
If I take the knob off and let the site be sprung out then I am 5" too high.

Is anyone else having this type of problem?

Otherwise my groups are tight and I like the feel and action of the pistol.
I hate sending stuff back but this may have to go.

I would appreciate any feedback.
You are shooting with or without the assist attached? At 10" too low I'll go ahead and assume its attached shooting that low...I had mine shooting right on target with a few threads left on the sight. Maybe only 2-3 turns in.
Take that plastic off the barrel if you haven't already.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

willc

All shooting was done with the assist off.
After all I had read I did not even care to try leaving it on.

Not sure what is up but I think I got a dud.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

mudduck48

OK, here we go. The Trail NP is junk! Here is one of the reasons it does not shoot well. I have read alot of posts about the "crown" on the muzzle of the barrel afecting the accuracy. Well, this gun does not have a crown. My 1377,1322 and my 2240 all have the end of the barrel out past the plastic sight. Now the crown comes into effect. Look at the picture and you will see that the Trail NP barrel is back into the plastic sight about 1/2", this effects the pellet when it leaves the barrel. Add on the cocking device, and it get nuts. This is IMO.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

PA has pushed the release date out to 4-29-2013. LOL
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

Though no one should have to do it, an easy fix. Open up the site and 're-crown  ???
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BigErn

Quote from: arkmaker on April 16, 2013, 01:59:29 PM
Though no one should have to do it, an easy fix. Open up the site and 're-crown  ???

I think the crown is good. The problem is the cocking assist tube creating accuracy issues, it might be too big/long. I had a similar issue with the C31 project I was working on a while back. The gun would shoot horrible with big muzzle brakes on. I tried several different sizes of brakes and found out the smallest one was the only one that would work. I don't have the gun with me but does anyone know the OD of the barrel? I hope it's 15mm cuz I haz an idea  :)

RC1947

u haz?  Those, from you, are always interesting. RC

Brent

Quote from: RC1947 on April 16, 2013, 10:26:09 PM
u haz?  Those, from you, are always interesting. RC
LOL
Yes they are!  :-*