The Benjamin Trail NP Pistol

Started by BigErn, April 05, 2013, 05:01:42 PM

BigErn

You guys are so funny lol!! Here is my idea... if the OD of the barrel is 15mm, and I think it is then the QB79 all metal muzzle brake from Archer's will fit perfectly and can be used as the cocking aid  :)  I have one on my Winchester and it's really nice! Or any other 15mm brakes out there. I know there are a few of them.

15mm is another popular airgun barrel OD I believe. I have a 15mm brake from a Beretta CX4 Storm I want to try on but I have the gun at my parents house right now  >:(  The end  that has the set screws on the Beretta brake is made of metal which hopefully is strong enough to use the brake as a cocking aid too. That is the plan but that brake can only slide in about an inch or so. When I get a chance I will try it if the barrel is finally 15mm, we will see  :-*

mudduck48

Quote from: BigErn on April 16, 2013, 08:53:26 PM
I think the crown is good. The problem is the cocking assist tube creating accuracy issues, it might be too big/long. I had a similar issue with the C31 project I was working on a while back. The gun would shoot horrible with big muzzle brakes on. I tried several different sizes of brakes and found out the smallest one was the only one that would work. I don't have the gun with me but does anyone know the OD of the barrel? I hope it's 15mm cuz I haz an idea  :)
The OD on mine is .591. Measured with a Mitutoyo dial calipeter. Hope this helps.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BigErn

Ok, the barrel is 15mm  :-* :-* :-*  The Beretta CX4 brake works perfectly! It was shooting really good with it until I noticed my red dot had creeped all the way back on the dovetail even with the Loctite  >:(  I tried to tighten it but the screw was already stripped  >:(   I think this will finally fix the cocking assist accuracy problem and it looks really cool!!!! I will be putting my NcStar pistol scope on it next. I'll post pics later  :-*

KevinP

It was shooting really good with it until I noticed my red dot had creeped all the way back on the dovetail even with the Loctite

Can you drill a small hole and put a stop pin in to stop the creep ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

Quote from: KevinP on April 18, 2013, 10:27:12 PM
It was shooting really good with it until I noticed my red dot had creeped all the way back on the dovetail even with the Loctite

Can you drill a small hole and put a stop pin in to stop the creep ?

Not sure Kevin, I'm too scared to try that and ruin the gun  :-[  so I'll just try the scope with rings and more Loctite. That should hold better than the red dot. The gun may have actually broken the red dot sight. I'm almost sure of it. I'm not giving up on this gun just yet, I think this will be a great gun once I'm done with it  :-*

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

Quote from: BigErn on April 18, 2013, 11:02:15 PM
Not sure Kevin, I'm too scared to try that and ruin the gun  :-[  so I'll just try the scope with rings and more Loctite. That should hold better than the red dot. The gun may have actually broken the red dot sight. I'm almost sure of it. I'm not giving up on this gun just yet, I think this will be a great gun once I'm done with it  :-*
BigErn; I was shooting mine yesterday and noticed the rear sight moving also. To fix it, I just moved it to the rear as far as it would go. No more movement. I also noticed that the front sight is too high. If  you raise the rear sight up all the way and put the front sight , where the fiber is, up on the notch, you will hit the circle of a dime. Mine likes the Gamo hunter dome pellets. It shoots 1" low with flat nose match pellets. I'm about ready to take the front sight off and cut the end off and the fiber optic off and see what that does.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BigErn

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 18, 2013, 11:15:47 PM
BigErn; I was shooting mine yesterday and noticed the rear sight moving also. To fix it, I just moved it to the rear as far as it would go. No more movement. I also noticed that the front sight is too high. If  you raise the rear sight up all the way and put the front sight , where the fiber is, up on the notch, you will hit the circle of a dime. Mine likes the Gamo hunter dome pellets. It shoots 1" low with flat nose match pellets. I'm about ready to take the front sight off and cut the end off and the fiber optic off and see what that does.

Hey mud the front sight just slips off! Give it a little twist from side to side and pull, easy! Don't try to twist all the way around since it has a flat spot for the front sight, just a bit...

BigErn

Here it is with the brake I had. It works great as a cocking aid and this brake was designed to have pellets go through it accurately  :)  When I change the sight on the pistol I will give an update of the accuracy  :-*

crossliner

Great pics Mr. BIgE  :-* Clean surroundings and all  8)

WyoMan

Very well done Big E  :-* Thank you for sharing innovations and being pioneer on this one glad you were willing  :-*
If your dovetail mounts continue to slip here is a tip I got on the green:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1366132437/One+piece+mounts%28they+don%27t+have+to+be+expensive%29+and+a+tiny+smear
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

RC1947

Nice work Ern!  For mounting scopes on piston guns, a one piece BKL mount will not move. RC

Crosshairs

Looking good Ern.  :-*
               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Brent

Cool tip Wyo!  :-*

She looks great BigErn!!   :) :-*
Very nice solution to the problem! Better than stock even!!
I like that break! Who makes that?

BigErn

Quote from: Brent on April 19, 2013, 05:16:30 PM
Cool tip Wyo!  :-*

She looks great BigErn!!   :) :-*
Very nice solution to the problem! Better than stock even!!
I like that break! Who makes that?

Thanks Brent! Got it from PA. Here is the link. Archer also has a very nice all metal brake that would also fit perfectly.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Umarex_Compensator_Fits_Hammerli_850_Walther_1250_Dominator_Beretta_CX4_Rifles/1135