VOIDED MY WARRANTY

Started by mudduck48, April 29, 2013, 04:10:11 AM

nomobux

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 30, 2013, 05:24:26 PM
I was kidding about the J-B weld. I tried the longer screw and all it did was scratch the tube. Like I said, the only way I know of to stop the sight from moving is to weld it to the tube or move it all the way back. Just thought of another way, move the sight where you want it then add scope riser bases behind it to take up the space between the sight and the back of the tube.

Lol .. I kinda felt the JB was a joke, not that it doesn't have some great uses. Do you plan to file the front sight half rnd and glue the optic back in or just use the blade ?
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

mudduck48

Not sure yet, was thinking about filing down another 2mm, drill small hole and glue a Daisy or Crosman BB on top. Really need to do something about the 400lb trigger pull.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 30, 2013, 05:34:10 PM
Not sure yet, was thinking about filing down another 2mm, drill small hole and glue a Daisy or Crosman BB on top. Really need to do something about the 400lb trigger pull.

Try Lee Spring  http://www.leespring.com/index.asp?CountryCode=001  as one resource and Century Spring is another   http://www.centuryspring.com/index.php
Brian

WyoMan

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 30, 2013, 05:34:10 PM
Looks like you could bend the stirrup part of the spring closer to the pivot and it would have less mechanical advantage on the trigger...
It may require shimming to keep engagement though.......hate to give advise from the peanut gallery so this is a FWIW bigtime  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

mudduck48

I wish that I had a better camera to show the inside of the trigger groupe. The coil spring does nothing to the trigger. It is attached to the cocking rail. The wire you see sticking out in front of the trigger is the spring for the safety. That is the only thing holding the safety in place. The trigger seams to have a spring made out of piano wire. I hate to take it apart, I'll probabaly never get it bac together. I'll try to take some more pics of the inside of this monster.

dan_house

Yea, thats what I thought
very similar to the Browning B800. You can make the pull better, and if your motivated enough, can make it a much nicer shooter. But, you'll have to tear it down complelty to make that happen.
So..... you can polish the inside of the compression tube, polish the piston where it rides in the comp tube, (button it if you want real luxury...  ;) ), polish al the tirgger points and contacts and especially work the points where the sear catches the piston. you can sand (600 or so) the safety slide to smooth it, add a set screw in the "back" to reduce sear over travel, "lighter" sear spring to reduce pull wieght......
Just how nutzoid do you wnat to get.
Oh, yes, it will be a bear to put bck to ghet the first time. TAKE LOTS OF PICS before you tear it down. Trust me on that one........
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

quickster47 †

Quote from: dan_house on April 30, 2013, 07:54:10 PM
Oh, yes, it will be a bear to put bck to ghet the first time. TAKE LOTS OF PICS before you tear it down. Trust me on that one........

Now that definitely sounds like the voice of experience speaking.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

Quote from: dan_house on April 30, 2013, 07:54:10 PM
Yea, thats what I thought
very similar to the Browning B800. You can make the pull better, and if your motivated enough, can make it a much nicer shooter. But, you'll have to tear it down complelty to make that happen.
So..... you can polish the inside of the compression tube, polish the piston where it rides in the comp tube, (button it if you want real luxury...  ;) ), polish al the tirgger points and contacts and especially work the points where the sear catches the piston. you can sand (600 or so) the safety slide to smooth it, add a set screw in the "back" to reduce sear over travel, "lighter" sear spring to reduce pull wieght......
Just how nutzoid do you wnat to get.
Thanks for the info.,but right now I do not feel that I could do something like that. I did find out that you can not cock this thing with it out of the stock. The cocking rod needs to be held down to cock.There is a small roller with a pin going through it in the stock that the cocking rod rides on. One pic shows the adjusting screw pushing on the piece that lifts the disconnect to release the part that is holding the piston back. Another pic. shows the part that holds the piston back. I'll have to make another post, I have 4 pics. To be continued-----

mudduck48

Here is the picture of the disconect.

mudduck48

First off, I want to thank everyone for all of the help and input on this project. Tonight I tried to shoot this thing again and it was all over the place. THAT IS IT! I'm tired of DUCKING with this thing. Tomorrow it is going down to storage. It will sit there and I'll let my sons sell it at the estate sale. DUCK IT! This this thing is a piece of DUCK POOP! It should never been made. What I am going to do is go on the internet and tell everyone DO NOT BUY THIS, YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!! There, I feel better now. No more posting about the Trail NP!

Tater

Sorry to hear that mudduck, you put a lot of effort into making it shoot-able.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Brent

Well let me just say... that I really appreciate all that you have put into it!!  :-*

Have watched you go from all angles (and various emotions lol ;) ) to make this a shooter, and I have learned allot! I am disappointed for you that it can't seem to be a better pistol for you, I know it wasn't from lack of trying  :-*

Thanks for teaching me all about the gun!!!

nomobux

Sorry to hear this. I have to agree. This thing is BAD ! Kinda like flushing $$ down the pooper.
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

quickster47 †

Out of all you did the one thing I so hope is that Crosman is reading our forum, and this thread in particular, and realizes they just can't sell crap and expect folks to buy it because it has the Crosman brand.

Good effort mudduck.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

nomobux

Quote from: quickster47 on May 01, 2013, 01:25:13 PM
Out of all you did the one thing I so hope is that Crosman is reading our forum, and this thread in particular, and realizes they just can't sell crap and expect folks to buy it because it has the Crosman brand.

Good effort mudduck.  :-*

Carl

Somehow, I doubt anyone there gives a hoot. I emailed them at cust/tech support and the reply was ... "no complaints, we follow forums, have a nice day shooting"  What the ---- is that ?
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "