My Crosman Doomsday Kit....

Started by Oldgringo, May 02, 2013, 04:40:32 PM

JEBert

What length barrel do you have on your 1377?  If you have a 12" or longer barrel, yes, it will fit.  If you have the factory 10.1", no.  Your barrel is just short of flush with the barrel band and you need about 2" of barrel sticking out in front of the barrel band to add that sight.
One caveat, I don't have the part number for the fiber optic sight I have so if we are talking about a different sight, I may be wrong.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Oldgringo

Quote from: DaveB50 on May 17, 2013, 05:19:08 AM
Yes, 760-201 part # will fit.

Bofum?  :)

Thanks, I shall order a couple.  What else do I need to know about replacing the original front sights with Fiber Optic sights?

I reckon I should order steel breeches for 'em also while I'm at it; or, should I get the breeches elsewhere: or, do I even need steel breeches?  I don't  expect  to ever scope these beauties.

JEBert

Are you satisfied with the factory sights?  With different breeches, you have the option of nicer and/or minutely adjustable sights.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Brent

Quote from: agninja on May 16, 2013, 06:03:16 PM
Try this thread too. There are numerous links to all crosman models and part numbers and exploded diagrams. Very useful.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,377.0.html
Thanks for posting that thread! Very useful! Bookmarked.

Brent

Quote from: Oldgringo on May 17, 2013, 06:13:26 AM
Bofum?  :)

Thanks, I shall order a couple.  What else do I need to know about replacing the original front sights with Fiber Optic sights?

I reckon I should order steel breeches for 'em also while I'm at it; or, should I get the breeches elsewhere: or, do I even need steel breeches?  I don't  expect  to ever scope these beauties.

If you are never going to add a scope or red dot... you don't gain much from a steel breech other than having a little steadier platform for the barrel. Some guys swear by them though, and won't shoot the gun much without replacing the plastic with steel.

Having said that, I also saw a post here once where someone actually stressed a plastic breech to see if it/ these were as weak as assumed... and it ended up the plastic breech wasn't bad at all. The steel breech adds some weight to the gun too.

Jerry - wasn't it you that posted like last month, about some new alloy breeches... for around $36? Forget where you saw those.

Edit - remembered
http://www.airgunbna.com/22XX_Parts.htm

JEBert

QuoteJerry - wasn't it you that posted like last month, about some new alloy breeches... for around $36? Forget where you saw those.
Not me, maybe another Jerry, there are a couple more Jerrys on here.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Oldgringo

Given that I'm not a 'spring chicken' by a looong shot, is everyone's 2289 hard to pump up past 5 pumps or am I a wimp or what?  I really like the gun but I'm beginnin' to wonder if the 'juice is worth the squeeze'.   :-[

My 1377, which is a few hundred rounds {older} than the 2289, I can pump.  Are .22's naturally harder to pump than .177's?    ???  Is a Crosman Custom 2300 in my future?   ;)

{older not  newer}

Tater

Quote from: JEBert on May 18, 2013, 02:54:05 AM
Not me, maybe another Jerry, there are a couple more Jerrys on here.
Cheers,

Not me either.   ???
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

hogrider04

Quote from: Oldgringo on May 18, 2013, 06:16:09 AM
Given that I'm not a 'spring chicken' by a looong shot, is everyone's 2289 hard to pump up past 5 pumps or am I a wimp or what?  I really like the gun but I'm beginnin' to wonder if the 'juice is worth the squeeze'.   :-[

My 1377, which is a few hundred rounds newer than the 2289, I can pump.  Are .22's naturally harder to pump than .177's?    ???  Is a Crosman Custom 2300 in my future?   ;)

I've noticed the same thing with mine. The 2289 is noticeably harder to pump than my 1377. Thought something was wrong with it, but think it's just the nature of the brute. That's why I bought the 3576, to give my arms a rest.  :P