WOO HOO able to start a new build!

Started by woogie_man, May 06, 2013, 12:22:52 AM

woogie_man

Well it is spring clean up week here in my area, and the wife had me down in the basement cleaning up things.  Well one of the areas was my working area.  After a few hours I had everything where it needed to be and all of the scrap aluminum and delrin were cleaned up, not to mention a few thousand bbs.  When I was putting things in a box I noticed that I had some parts I didn't know I had.

So now I have a full 1377 and a full 2240!  I was just looking at buying one to build into a back pack rifle, so now it looks like I don't have to buy either one!  Just need to get the .22 barrel, and start turning things on my lathe for the builds.

As soon as I get things started I will let you guys know.

The one main question that I had was if there anyone that makes a one piece Co2 valve for the 2240?  Looking for something that I can attach a remote hose to, or even a drop down so I can put on an 88g tank.  I know if there isn't one I will probably get the boss valve and pin that, then machine something for a Qb79 tank drop to fit on the front.  Though would still like to keep the size down as small as I could, as in cutting any thing access off of the Co2 chamber, and just have the tank thread right into the Co2 tank ( of course with a small expansion chamber )
Chris

arkmaker †

Mike (Crosshairs) has an adapter that replaces the endcap and a hose to a paintball tank can be attached. I think he got it from GMAC. Might want to browse their website and see if you can come up with it?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

woogie_man

Now you would be able to use the drop down block for a QB79 rilfe correct?  If so may look at fabing up a part to allow the valve to connect directly to that.  This would make it one solid part, and not have to worry about pinning the valve itself.  Though will still do so just for safety reasons and what not.

And with the Co2 would one be able to use a mini slide check?  This way you can use a marco hose and not have to worry about as much bulk.
Chris

Brent

Quote from: woogie_man on May 06, 2013, 05:24:54 PM
Now you would be able to use the drop down block for a QB79 rilfe correct?  If so may look at fabing up a part to allow the valve to connect directly to that.  This would make it one solid part, and not have to worry about pinning the valve itself.  Though will still do so just for safety reasons and what not.

And with the Co2 would one be able to use a mini slide check?  This way you can use a marco hose and not have to worry about as much bulk.

You lost me on that last paragraph. What is a mini slide check?

woogie_man

It is a small connector that you just slide the outside and it disconnects from the nipple.
Chris

woogie_man

Well ordered a 14.5 inch barrel from Crosman today  :D

So will go ahead and start with the shoulder stock, as well as the barrel balancer/stabilizer.  Have some spare carbon fiber tube I am planning on using.  Will also look at making a small riser for the breech, as well as figuring out a system for the Co2.
Chris