New 1377 Power output?

Started by mrto, May 09, 2013, 01:51:29 PM

brz-ryder †

You guys do realize that the numbers that they state for top fps is using the lead free ssp pellets don`t you these pellets only go 4 gr in .177 and 9.5 gr in .22 this is why the numbers are so high

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: brz-ryder on May 11, 2013, 12:51:16 AM
You guys do realize that the numbers that they state for top fps is using the lead free ssp pellets don`t you these pellets only go 4 gr in .177 and 9.5 gr in .22 this is why the numbers are so high

Jim
Yes Sir  it all sounds good on paper. Makes for more sales that way LOL

jSan22

yep. and most of those high velocity pellets are crap. either they are too soft and spray like a SNS pistol that desperately needs cleaning, plus end up being like throwing tissue at the target, or too hard and do not engage the rifling correctly and not only get part of the above result, but over penetrate and fail to kill if its anything but a head shot.
i once shot a squirrel with those 4 grain crosman ss "hollow point" (more like a wadcutter with a tiny dent in it) and he was barel effected with it. this was with a stock crosman 1377 that usually flipped the bastards with one shot from a 7.4 grain pellet.
im still searching for that one lead free that DOESNT suck.

ettolo

Hi,
anyone knows how the power limitation in 1377 is done for UK or Italy?
I know of different TP inner diameter, but there is something else?
Different spring in the valve?

rangerfredbob

There's either a hole in the rear of the valve housing, or a bigger squared out exhaust valve stem is installed to let some of the air out the back of the valve instead of through the transfer port.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

ettolo

Quote from: rangerfredbob on November 28, 2013, 02:42:39 AM
There's either a hole in the rear of the valve housing, or a bigger squared out exhaust valve stem is installed to let some of the air out the back of the valve instead of through the transfer port.

Thanks!

Noah

Not to hijack this thread, but does anybody have or have shot a 1325 with all the internal modifications (FT piston, etc.)? I'm curious why mine suddenly shoots only 400 fps with 20.06 field target trophy pellets when it used to reach as high as 510ish or so. Hmmm. See below (the one with RB's red and black grips).

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

jSan22

510 with 20 grain pellets is good. it may be a bad seal.

WyoMan

Quote from: Noah on November 28, 2013, 11:27:34 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but does anybody have or have shot a 1325 with all the internal modifications (FT piston, etc.)? I'm curious why mine suddenly shoots only 400 fps with 20.06 field target trophy pellets when it used to reach as high as 510ish or so. Hmmm. See below (the one with RB's red and black grips).
Hi Noah, was going to answer here but I started a new topic in the tech section:
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,13024.0.html
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

BDS

Nice work on that thread Wyo, I'm sure that lot's of folks might think that a Chrono actually measures "speed" when it actually measures time between sensors calculated as speed  :-*
Brian

WyoMan

Thanks Brian...that problem got me once and I wanted to shoot the stupid chrony...with a 350M...loaded with Gamo Rocket 9.6 gr ballistic tip  :D
Wyo

K.O.

My time of flight chrono method (pc/audacity/2mics/15') clocked my  PC77 at 530 fps average velocity over 15'.   That was with 7.4g Crosman points seated with a simple tool just past the port, unseated velocity was about 508 fps. This was at 10 pumps and additional pumps offered no gains.

I think if I had just fitted the pump cup and valve to each other and shimmed the cup to get 0 headspace I would have seen 540-545 fps and might

have achieved more with additional pumps...
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

Hung2

Excuse me, I am not trying to hijack or question the wisdom of other posters, but my desire for a succinct understanding of the logic urges me to ask.

1)If closing up the little head space between the valve top and the pump cut would increase x #  of fps, wouldn't the head space loss over the 10 pumps be fully made up by an additional full-stroke pump on top of the 10?

2)Again, a flat-top eliminates the head space wasted by a coned valve top. Wouldn't two more full-stroke pumps in addition to the 10 make up for the head space loss in a coned piston?

I can certainly see the logic in pushing the pellet well past the transfer port. I don't have an extended bolt probe, but I use an a L shaped tool to push it in anyway.

WyoMan

Reasonable questions H2...
it depends for both #1 and #2...
Additional pumps will be a benefit only if: (pump pressure - checkvalve cracking pressure) > valve pressure
A good way to optimize a pumper is to optimize the pump pressure...take as much swept volume as possible and compress it into the smallest space possible (with no leaks)
This will create the most pressure possible (provided the strength of the pump mechanism is not exceeded)...another advantage of the FT system is you have a more rigid piston than the oem...but it can also overstress the other parts of the system
i.e. valve being forced toward the back, ovaling of the pivot hole, excessive wear on the pins, lever and connector, etc...hth
Wyo