Possibly a new project gun..

Started by Baltim0re28, May 11, 2013, 09:17:05 PM

Baltim0re28

I noticed the 1st click and second click when I was messing around with it. I was going to ask why it did that.. Now I know. Thanks.
James.

eric

Quote from: arkmaker on May 12, 2013, 01:07:26 AM
I think that is a 2-stage hammer. Pull to 1st click for low power and 2nd click for high power.
Rich
that would be correct
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Crosshairs

Mine is .177 also she shoots hard and straight, made much better then what crosman is making these days. Heavy for what it is but i like that. I would never change anything on her.
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Baltim0re28

Looks good Mike. Seems like you have one that's in great shape also. After cleaning it up, mine looks a lot better now. Ill have to get out soon and see how it shoots.

James.

arkmaker †

I wish I had one of those hammer set ups to blueprint and duplicate. I think it would be a cool mod on the 2240 platform shooters. Anyone want to lend me one for me to take dimensions off?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

targettgii

That cleaned up very nice James,yours is nice to Mike I would say leave it stock.jmo :) :) :)
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

HappyHunter

Quote from: arkmaker on May 12, 2013, 04:28:34 PM
I wish I had one of those hammer set ups to blueprint and duplicate. I think it would be a cool mod on the 2240 platform shooters. Anyone want to lend me one for me to take dimensions off?
Great idea, Rich! If I had one I would send it to you in a minute, but.... ???

Pic of a "dual power", rear-cocking hammer w/PA set up I wanted to try, but still haven't got around to yet:
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Baltim0re28

I'd send you my hammer, I'm just a little skeptical on if it would make it there and back without USPS losing it.
James.

BigErn

Man that gun cleaned up real nice. She looks great now  :-* :-*

Baltim0re28

Thanks guys. It did clean up really nice. And im definitely gonna leave it stock. Mike, what year was yours made? It seems like your breech is different than mine.
James.

onebaddj

Looks like the same cocking knob set up I have on my 1377. Great find for a garage sale and in great condition. Never seen a trigger like that with the spring in between the trigger and sear. If ya can't get the cartridge out just drill a small hole in the end of the cartridge put a screw in it and pill it out.  :-*
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Baltim0re28

Cartridge ended up coming out no problem at all. Looked like it hasn't been in there for very long either. After fully ripping it apart and cleaning it all up. The thing is truly in immaculate condition with just a few small parts where the paint had been chipped off. I actually like it that way tho. The more I got to thinking about it having a gun that is 24 years old and still in the good of condition and all the parts are still there and never been re painted or anything just makes it that much more of a cool find.. I had been beating around the bush at the beginning about how much I paid for it and I guess I'll spill the beans now.... Still can't believe the guy sold it to me for $15..
James.

Baltim0re28

To make this week even better. I picked this up in the clearance section of bass pro this morning. I couldn't believe it when I asked them to ring it up to see how much it was. It lights up, looks fine just hope it works the way it should..

I hope this was a good buy.. Seemed so to me.  :-*
James.