Finaly caved and "Went for the Steel"!

Started by Flex, May 15, 2013, 04:28:19 AM

crossliner

Quote from: Flex on April 03, 2024, 04:15:52 PMA few comments / questions.
As I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread, I too, am not seeing the degree of "gapage" that uncletom is describing. The photos that I posted of my airguns show a near perfect fit.
It was mentioned that a breech for a 17xx series pellet gun was mounted on a 13xx valve tube AND the "gapage" was present. Are the breeches for the 17xx models significantly different than those for the 22xx & 13xx series models? Answering my own question, that appears to be the case! It seems then, that uncletom has somehow received (erroneously) the wrong breech. Is this a possibility? It certainly would explain his situation.

Flex sir, 17xx breeches are totally different and cannot be mounted on either tubes; it has 4 anchor points, the front ones "impale" the valve through the tube for more security, you know, being a PCP.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear, but I just chose to mention it as reference to tube and breech symbiosis. It is a wide and tall breech specifically made to mate perfectly with the 17xx tube diameter---also 7/8" like the 22xx's.

Anyway, I was just curious why UT was too concerned about the so called discrepancy, hence the query if he owns a 13xx.

Flex

Quote from: crossliner on April 03, 2024, 06:51:25 PMFlex sir, 17xx breeches are totally different and cannot be mounted on either tubes; it has 4 anchor points, the front ones "impale" the valve through the tube for more security, you know, being a PCP.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear, but I just chose to mention it as reference to tube and breech symbiosis. It is a wide and tall breech specifically made to mate perfectly with the 17xx tube diameter---also 7/8" like the 22xx's.

Anyway, I was just curious why UT was too concerned about the so called discrepancy, hence the query if he owns a 13xx.
Ya, that was a bit unclear but now I understand what you were trying to show. From previous posts in the thread, I do believe that uncletom has a 1322 as well as a 2240. I'm still puzzled as to why the breech he purchased fits so poorly. I'm still wondering if the European company that he purchased the breech from imports them from the U.S. (i.e. Crosman) or if they are manufactured in Europe?
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

crossliner

Quote from: Flex on April 03, 2024, 10:10:53 PMYa, that was a bit unclear but now I understand what you were trying to show. From previous posts in the thread, I do believe that uncletom has a 1322 as well as a 2240. I'm still puzzled as to why the breech he purchased fits so poorly. I'm still wondering if the European company that he purchased the breech from imports them from the U.S. (i.e. Crosman) or if they are manufactured in Europe?

The only manufacturer in Europe who made and sold aftermarket Crosman breeches was Gmac. Was because they closed shop just recently, a shame.