Anyone have a Bullpup ?

Started by droid, May 24, 2013, 11:45:49 AM

droid

One project that has always escaped me is the Bullpup M Rod. Now I have finally got things rolling with the action on the way to me and I have seen a stock that I have a price request on.

I just wondered if any of you guys have one to keep me motivated. Any make will do.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Crosshairs

I would like one some day Gary but maybe a 2250B would be my choice.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I had an EdGun in 2012 but finally sold it.  A stupid mistake cause now I am contemplating a Cricket and will probably get one toward the end of summer.

BTW, the EdGun was awesome.  Was easy to shoot, accurate and deadly.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

droid

Well it is the Edgun type that floats my boat, conveniently some guy in Spain does a kit with an Edgun clone stock, inc linkages etc..

Albeit I want mine tactical black.

Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Crosshairs

agninja

Here's my Beretta cx4 and TF67. They are both .177 and shoot in the low 600 fps range.

That Beretta is nice because it's semi auto with a 30 round mag. I had a laser on it once and I had the window cracked open just enough to fit the barrel out so the laser wouldn't be blocked. Holding the gun down low with one hand I then used the other hand to look through the mini blinds so I could see the bird I was targeting. Just lined up the laser on it and fired and it went down. Bullpups have that nice compact balance so you can hold them with one hand. Same with the Crosman carbines.
Black air pistols matter.

breakfastchef

That would be an awesome addition to your fluid collection of airguns. I have only read two primary downsides to some bullpup designs. First, is the uncomfortable cheek weld to a cold, metal breech. Second, is the inability to take a quick follow up shot with the bolt next to your molars.

I agree with Carl's comments above that a Kalibr Cricket is a very cool little gun.

Quote from: droid on May 24, 2013, 02:35:04 PM
Well it is the Edgun type that floats my boat, conveniently some guy in Spain does a kit with an Edgun clone stock, inc linkages etc..

Albeit I want mine tactical black.

Larry

Crosshairs

Sweet looking shooters agninja I always liked that Beretta the 30 round mag must be a blast to shoot cans.
               Mike

droid

Yes I am liking that CX4 too, makes your eyes go funny mind  ;)
www.ratbuster.co.uk

agninja

Only drawback on that cx4 is the trigger pull. Since the trigger also cocks the gun it has a really long "toy gun" feeling pull to it. Fortunately it's not too heavy of a pull, but you really have to learn the skill of aiming and pulling the trigger back in one clean motion. I haven't tried modding it either because the gun was pretty expensive and I don't want to break it, plus there's not much available material out there showing how to mod these guns.
Black air pistols matter.

Crosshairs

Quote from: agninja on May 24, 2013, 08:17:56 PM
Only drawback on that cx4 is the trigger pull. Since the trigger also cocks the gun it has a really long "toy gun" feeling pull to it. Fortunately it's not too heavy of a pull, but you really have to learn the skill of aiming and pulling the trigger back in one clean motion. I haven't tried modding it either because the gun was pretty expensive and I don't want to break it, plus there's not much available material out there showing how to mod these guns.
Yeah you need to learn to control the trigger i have a night stalker and  1077s and they operate the same way they will break in after a wile, it's good trigger pull practice IMO.

ped

gary you naughty man i'd just about got making a bullpup out of my head until you posted that pick ,looks like i'm going to have to have some therapy tomorrow pidgeons in the yard better beware
tp arrived today as well cheers how much do i owe you
cheers ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

quickster47 †

Gary,

that is one of the nicest looking bullpup kits I have seen for the Marauder.  Does the gentleman have a web site or how does one get hold of him?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

droid

I'll send you details over tomorrow Carl.
www.ratbuster.co.uk

droid

Details sent over by PM Carl.
www.ratbuster.co.uk