Opinions on a TKO for my 10" .22 barrel

Started by wahoowad, May 24, 2013, 07:53:02 PM

wahoowad

I have a CCS pistol on the way...got a 10" .22 barrel.

My Disco was too loud to shoot in the yard until a TKO quieted it way down. I'm wondering if I will need one for the pistol? I've never shot a CO2 pistil in this yard. My R9 and HW30S springers are quiet enough.

I will shoot it first but wondering which TKO folks have bought for their 10" barreled units.

BDS

Get a 6" TKO in .22 cal and you can use it on .177 too.

A stock 2240 is about 70% as loud as a .22 LR in an enclosed backyard  :D  you will def want the TKO for sure!  :-*
Brian

wahoowad

wow, sounds louder than I expected. I see TKO lists a 5" and a 6.5", no 6"

BDS

6" was my generic explanation, most of mine are 5"

The 2240 is a short barrel co2 gun, that's where the loud "pop" comes from.

Your Disco on HPA was probably quieter?
Brian

wahoowad

Yes, Disco is HPA. I usually shoot it around 1600 psi, that TKO quiets it down really good.

I'd consider another brand/maker if somebody can recommend one with first hand experience.

breakfastchef

Go with a longer muzzle brake. It will be quieter.
Larry

arkmaker †

I have a couple of 6" LDC's. One TKO and one home made. Both work well. If you have a 10" .177 barrel I think you will find the TKO a tad quieter than the 7-1/2" .22 barrel that comes stock on the 2240. Should would well for you. Does for me!
TKO is in the back, Home made in the front.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

I have a 7 1/2" on one of mine in .177 and it is very quiet. The noise hitting the target is louder then the sound of the shot. I was shooting it when a friend was over and he said that thing sounds weak so i shot one of my metal ducks after hearing how hard it hit the duck he didn't think it was so weak any more.
                                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

CO2 is definitely NOT neighbor friendly unless you muffle that thing.  A 6" to 7.5" one should do the trick for you.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

onebaddj

Go with the middle one! 6.5 i think. It works very well. I have 3 and they work like a champ. You will want to tame the sound a little especially with a shorter barrel. With a shorter barrel the gas propelling the pellet comes out at a higher pressure and makes a louder snap.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Crosshairs

OK if you have a problem shooting outside because of a noise problem and don't mind a extra inch and what guy would mind that go with the 7 1/2" break the extra inch really works.
             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

I like tailor made ldcs  Anthony Storey, Neil Clague etc
tko's do the trick for a stock 2240 or slightly modded any of them will make it backyard friendly
I used a 4"x3/4"od ldc it worked better than my 6" tko. size wont make or break the bank with these low power guns
closed mouths dont get fed