beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

mudduck48

OK, You want match grade accuracy? Buy this $40 gun. This is the best deal I could find on a P17. There are a few guns that are better than this one, but they cost a lot more. Wyoman, here is the deal and it is shipped out of Carls back yard in TN. I just bought another one.$39.59 shipped to your door. They list for more than that.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

brz-ryder †

Where did you find that deal /

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

mudduck48

Quote from: brz-ryder on June 04, 2013, 05:03:06 AM
Where did you find that deal /

Jim
I went to yahoo search and put in Beeman P17, then I just looked and looked and went to one sight that had a good deal then it sent me to Amazon and on there is said there were more deals. looked and there it was $32.51 + $7.08 shipping. I added that up and went HUH? ??? This is less than anyone else. Sat on it all day and went WHAT THE DUCK? I bought one. This is the long killer deal for a gun that will shoot with the big boys. When you buy one let me know and I will show the link to what you have to do to it so it will last and last. I have almost 500 shots through mine and no problems.

brz-ryder †

Beeman P17 1 item will be shipped to James sr  by Z'Shopping Network. Estimated delivery: June 10, 2013 - June 13, 2013 Thanks Ducky

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Brent

500 shots Ducky  :o
;)
Probably going on 13 or 1400 on this one. Love this gun  :-\ :-*
Sweet adjustable trigger, nice fit in the hand, light, and a full length barrel rail... can't beat that. Am putting stuff on and off it all the time. ;)

mudduck48

Quote from: brz-ryder on June 04, 2013, 05:30:50 AM
Beeman P17 1 item will be shipped to James sr  by Z'Shopping Network. Estimated delivery: June 10, 2013 - June 13, 2013 Thanks Ducky

Jim
You are welcome, you won't regret it. Now, watch this vid and listen to what he is saying about this gun. Basically what you have to do is, pull out the piston and clean it. Then use some fine sandpaper or scotch bright  to smooth out the inside of the pump tube. Relube with some white lith greese, pellgun oil the small o-ring and shoot it. I have a 3/16" wood dowel kind of sharpened on one end kinda rounded off I use to push the pellet into the chamber of the barrel so it won't damage the o-ring when you close it up.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4SW-s9DM-8&feature=plcp#]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4SW-s9DM-8&feature=plcp#[/url]

mudduck48

Quote from: Brent on June 04, 2013, 05:42:18 AM
500 shots Ducky  :o
;)
Probably going on 13 or 1400 on this one. Love this gun  :-\ :-*
Sweet adjustable trigger, nice fit in the hand, light, and a full length barrel rail... can't beat that. Am putting stuff on and off it all the time. ;)
Well with all the other stuff I just don't shoot it as much as I would like. And I just shoot in my garage. If I had the great outdoors like some people do, I would shoot it more. I know it would take small pest and birds no problem. I put it on the chrony and got constant 400fps out of it. It says on the package 410fps and it will do that.

mudduck48

OOPS!! I just noticed that I put this thread in the wrong place, I was going to put it in "General airguning" not in the for sale thread. OPPS!! :-[

Brent

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 04, 2013, 06:00:00 AM
OOPS!! I just noticed that I put this thread in the wrong place, I was going to put it in "General airguning" not in the for sale thread. OPPS!! :-[
Was wondering about that ;)
Thinking you were being a rebel duck tonight ;) lol
Good thing you said something now Rich can relax when he moves it ;)

It's cool to see you so excited about this gun!! You know I am, Jerry is,  Brian too... and quite a few other guys. Neat that you found a sweet deal... and let everyone know!! :-*

Heck... was tired and wasn't going to shoot tonight, but now you got me wanting to shoot the P17 ;) ;D
Going to go shoot it a little, then go to bed :) ;D

Brent

Here's mine with the Daisy red dot on it. Last week had the NcStar scope on it.

mudduck48

Looking good. Looks like you can still easily close it with the red dot on it. What pellets does it like?

rangerfredbob

I got a Marksman 2004 (same as a P17 just before it was branded as a Beeman) and a 1377 for $40 used :), I'm a big fan of the 2004/P17, I haven't touched it and it shoots great
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Brent

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 04, 2013, 03:42:12 PM
Looking good. Looks like you can still easily close it with the red dot on it. What pellets does it like?
Pretty much everything I have. I actually haven't found one yet, that it does not like.
I mainly shoot the Daisy 7.8g wad cutters through it, as I put allot of pellets through it in a sitting. Last night I probably shot about 75 or so, in a little less than an hour. Have tried RWS Hobby, Diabolo Basic, Meisterkugein 8.2g, Crosman Premier Super Match, and Destroyer EX.

That Daisy red dot is also a great value. $10...  and it is actually pretty nice. Very light, no parallax (really), a pretty decent dot, 2 brightness settings, and easy to get on and off quick. It is about a 7 MOA dot I would say. It is my second... the first was actually messed up from the git, the dot was not centered. Took it right back (Tractor Supply), and got this one... and everything is fine. Put 1 wrap of teflon plumbers tape on the windage adjustment bolt, so it would stiffen up the tolerances a little there (just a very slight movement side to side, if you grabbed it and moved it... not so much shooting it). Easy to do... take the nut off, bolt out and wrap it, and put it back in.   

Brent

Which ones does yours like Duck?

mudduck48

Quote from: Brent on June 04, 2013, 04:26:39 PM
Which ones does yours like Duck?
I have been using some older Crosman FP pellets I bought off ebay. I'm cheep, I always look for a bargain, like .01 cent per pellet. If you have any ebay bucks to use, you can get them cheeper. Here they is.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosman-Copperhead-177-Cal-Air-Gun-Pellets-8-Packages-4000-pellets-FREE-SHIP-/221217315327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33819459ff#ht_140wt_1170