beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

mudduck48

Thank you! That is some really good info. on the P17.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

WyoMan

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM
OK, You want match grade accuracy? Buy this $40 gun. This is the best deal I could find on a P17. There are a few guns that are better than this one, but they cost a lot more. Wyoman, here is the deal and it is shipped out of Carls back yard in TN. I just bought another one.$39.59 shipped to your door. They list for more than that. This is a picture of the one I have now. Just ordered #2 today.
I made the order Duck (shouldn't do that to an addict  ;D)...now I will wait very patiently for my fix  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Brent

Quote from: WyoMan on June 05, 2013, 05:24:51 AM
I made the order Duck (shouldn't do that to an addict  ;D)...now I will wait very patiently for my fix  :)

"Patiently"...... LOL.....that's a good one Wyo ;)
;D

COOL that you got one coming!! Can't wait to get your feedback and feelings on it!

Duck... there's one down..... how many more to go?? ;) ;D

mudduck48

Quote from: Brent on June 05, 2013, 05:33:14 AM
"Patiently"...... LOL.....that's a good one Wyo ;)
;D

COOL that you got one coming!! Can't wait to get your feedback and feelings on it!

Duck... there's one down..... how many more to go?? ;) ;D
That's 2 that I know of, brz-ryder bought one also. We can start a P17 club. ;D ;D LOL
Way to go WyoMan!

Tater

Thank you so much for the very detailed info Mr. Duck, that is P17 gold right there.
Great links the too Brent. This thread has been bookmarked.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

TLEVTA

Just ordered one. I got a sparrow that needs my attention.

willc

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 05, 2013, 03:49:27 AM
Thank you! That is some really good info. on the P17.
This a great blog here with a whole bunch of different airgun info.

The P17 is an awesome gun, especially when you take into account how much it costs.
It has the best trigger, on a less than 50 buck gun, that I have ever fired.
Plus it is real fun to shoot.

Once I got the procedure of loading pellets in it down pat it became a joy.
It is a tad hard to pump but that don't bother me.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

brz-ryder †

TLEVTA makes 3  Rich might just have to get a P17 shoot for the monthly comps loks like there are a few ppl how have them or getting them LOL  :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

mudduck48

Quote from: brz-ryder on June 05, 2013, 08:03:40 AM
TLEVTA makes 3  Rich might just have to get a P17 shoot for the monthly comps loks like there are a few ppl how have them or getting them LOL  :-*

Jim
They already have one; 10 m open pistol. I was trying to pratice on that last night, but was too shaky. Some days are better than others. What might be nice, if they had a 5m open pistol shoot for us old eyes and shaky hands.LOL ???

JMJinNC

Quote from: Brent on June 04, 2013, 04:09:19 PM
That Daisy red dot is also a great value. $10...  and it is actually pretty nice. Very light, no parallax (really), a pretty decent dot, 2 brightness settings, and easy to get on and off quick. It is about a 7 MOA dot I would say. It is my second... the first was actually messed up from the git, the dot was not centered. Took it right back (Tractor Supply), and got this one... and everything is fine. Put 1 wrap of teflon plumbers tape on the windage adjustment bolt, so it would stiffen up the tolerances a little there (just a very slight movement side to side, if you grabbed it and moved it... not so much shooting it). Easy to do... take the nut off, bolt out and wrap it, and put it back in.

Tempting tempting tempting.... I really like the P17, and my local Gander Mountain has this Daisy red dot in the discount bin... $2!

JMJ
John

BDS

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 05, 2013, 03:50:26 PM
They already have one; 10 m open pistol. I was trying to pratice on that last night, but was too shaky. Some days are better than others. What might be nice, if they had a 5m open pistol shoot for us old eyes and shaky hands.LOL ???

How about a 2 meter, clamped bench-rest with 2.0" diameter bullseyes?  :D  ;D
Brian

DaveB50

Anyone have a pair of pliers so I can get this hook out of my mouth?  :D  :P Just ordered a P17 from Amazon. You guys are terrible, dangling that gun and then links to tinker with it. Shame on you.  ;D ;D ;D
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Brent

Quote from: DaveB50 on June 06, 2013, 12:20:44 AM
Anyone have a pair of pliers so I can get this hook out of my mouth?  :D  :P Just ordered a P17 from Amazon. You guys are terrible, dangling that gun and then links to tinker with it. Shame on you.  ;D ;D ;D
"I'm Sorry" - I should have known better on my part  :(
(well.... not really... but I feel better having said that now ;))

I am sure Duck is also hanging his head low... in shame.........
;) ;) ;D ;D

Congrats on your new gun!! :-*
you are going to love it!! :-*

Brent

There is an easy first mod to these.

Where the muzzle of the barrel, meets the exhaust of the valve - there is a small oring.

If you shim behind the oring, it makes the oring seal tighter against the barrel - so there is less chance of air escaping under pressure entering into the barrel. A more positive seal there is all. Not that you really need to do this, as it seats pretty good as it is... but it makes me feel better having done it LOL  ;)

I do seem to hear more of a bark out of the gun now though... in having done it. Hard to say without a chrony (there... covered that LOL)

I used that dental floss, that is like tape rather than the string. You could probably use a short peice of teflon tape, rolled up length wise also. Just something to fill in the space behind the oring a little, so the oring sticks out a little more towards the barrel and seals tighter.

Any other ideas, on what can be used there?  ???