beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

HappyHunter

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 22, 2013, 05:22:29 AM
That will be my next challenge to do the 10m shoot with this thing. Same thing, circle a dime and put it on the bench. I might have to raise the sight up a bit, but we will see. I just wish that I had some better pellets. I can't make up my mind which ones to buy.

It's an old pic, but this is some 10m groups I shot with various pellets when I first bought the P17. Targets are the same as yours - traced a dime:
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

mudduck48

That is some darn good shooting.  On the bench rest or free hand? Great shooting! 8)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

HappyHunter

Thanks 'Duck! :)

Oh, rested for sure....you DON'T want to see my free hand targets!  :-X
Todd

Crosshairs

Very nice shooting Happy  :-*
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

WyoMan

Nice shooting Todd, and nice of you to post the pic with pellets  :-*
How do you like the H&N domed? looks like the gun likes them
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

HappyHunter

Quote from: Crosshairs on June 25, 2013, 01:33:42 AM
Very nice shooting Happy  :-*

Thanks, Mike! :) ...Not too bad I guess for a $40 gun and a mediocre shooter pulling the trigger! 
Todd

HappyHunter

Quote from: WyoMan on June 25, 2013, 03:30:43 AM
Nice shooting Todd, and nice of you to post the pic with pellets  :-*
How do you like the H&N domed? looks like the gun likes them

Thanks, WyoMan! I really like the H&N FTT both in .177 (4.52) and .22 (5.53), they seem to shoot really well in most of my guns. In fact they are easily the pellet of choice in my Benji Trail NP (Hardwoods edition), my 1750 PCP (ragged one-hole all day long @10m) as well as my MK I HPA Field Target pistol (out to 25 yards)... :-*

I should point out that if you are going to try them get the Field Target Trophy, NOT the regular Field Target variety (although you can if you want to...) I have had pretty dismal success with the  regular FT... :(

Todd

WyoMan

Very nice to know, thank you Sir  :-*
Wyo

Bazmati2020

Coincidence, I just ought one of these on another forum.  Click for new posts here and a Beeman thread  :-*

mudduck48

OK, P17 club members, here is the hot deal, THE HOT DEAL ON THE P17!!
Hot dam! Thank you for the heads up in this link to the Beeman P17!!! I just bought 2 more for $32.52 each. What a deal!! I just started my Chrismas shopping. YES!! Here it is.
http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Beeman-P17-Deluxe-Pellet-PistolNo-Sight-2004_p_10859.html
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

Maybe it's just me, but every pistol should have a  nice grip like these. It hugs the hand.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Bazmati2020

My used P17 arrived today.

Couldn't resist, the wife went out to collect no3 daughter from work so I ran to my office to have a quick test fire.

Slight clunk/twang noise a bit like a spring when top strap is first lifted (from within grip?).

Just a little suck of air noise as it fully opens, quite hard to close (as I was sitting on floor I sort of closed with legs as much as hands).

First shot I thought I'd missed as couldn't see it. Turned out to be slap bang in the black pen dot I had put on the paper  :-*

I then took a total of  6 shots at the dot....single hole no bigger than 1/2"

Ok it was only 5 meters and I rested on my knees but I was impressed.  Didn't even have to touch the sights it was bang on.

It wasn't loud at all, just a gentle crack so I'm going to try in the garden next week next time the cats away...  :-\

WyoMan

Quote from: Tater on June 29, 2013, 10:20:13 AM
Maybe it's just me, but every pistol should have a  nice grip like these. It hugs the hand.
Nice fit and feel it has  :-* no recoil, quiet, I need to use sight aids but it is accurate
mine is doing 365 fps with 8.44gr for 2.5 fpe with no mods......for now!  ;D

Sounds like you like yours Bazmati  :-*
Wyo

arkmaker †

Ok, you guys convinced me! I'm putting the P17 on my shopping list......... If we get enough people with them,, someone can suggest a monthly "P17 only" target comp??
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

TLEVTA

I'd buy another one if I had a huge back yard.