beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

mudduck48

OK, P17 club members, I received some new pellets today to try in the new P17. I found out that the new gun is a little more pellet picky than my old gun. Here are the pellets and I'll put close ups of the target on the next post. The Excite pellets fit a bit tight, but the match pellets went right in, no problem. I bought the match pellets in 4.50 size. Not bad for a $35 gun. 8)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

This is at 5m on the bench and 86 degrees temp. The black is 1 1/2" wide. Still, not bad for a $35 gun. :-\ If you do not have one of these guns, your are  missing out on alot of fun.

HappyHunter

Nice shootin' Duck!  8)

For a cheap pellet, I continue to be impressed with the Excite Econ's. Half the price of most other pellets (1/3 the price of Finale Match) and yet they are pretty good acurracy-wise in most of my guns...yours seems to like them too!  :-*

Maybe you already posted this earlier and I just missed it, but have you tried the RWS Meisterkugeln 8.2 gr yet? My P17 loves 'em!
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

Noah

Looks fun. I am so mad at myself for giving away my P17 that I had done such a great job breaking in with several hundred shots (most likely way more).
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Tater

Never heard of those Excites, I'll have to try them sometime.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

Quote from: HappyHunter on June 30, 2013, 06:12:55 AM
Nice shootin' Duck!  8)

For a cheap pellet, I continue to be impressed with the Excite Econ's. Half the price of most other pellets (1/3 the price of Finale Match) and yet they are pretty good acurracy-wise in most of my guns...yours seems to like them too!  :-*

Maybe you already posted this earlier and I just missed it, but have you tried the RWS Meisterkugeln 8.2 gr yet? My P17 loves 'em!
No, haven't tried the RWS yet. I'm cheeeeep, ??? I had a hard time buying pellets that cost as much or more than I used to pay for 22lr.  I'm going to try the Excites some more in my other guns. $5.25 per tin, buy 4 get one free, $7.99 shipping, .01187 ea. pellet. The other pellets were like .03 and .035 ea. There is one thing I had to learn on my own about pellets, pellets DO make a difference. NOAH tried to tell me, "NO GAMAO". If you just shoot, buy anything, trying to hit the center, buy better pellets. And some guns are pellet picky.

dptrucker32chip

Duck  ya'll are  bad  ! I've pulled trigger on one be heb t kre bout the 10th . Amazon and free shippin .  :-* 
Dave

Bazmati2020

It's a great purchase and you guys in the USA have a great price!

On pellets I've only used Geko (as I buy in 5000 at a time for IPAS).

But I'm getting my new Walther LGV Saturday so will be buying some good pellets for it so will give them a try. :-*

BDS

BAZ:  Which LGV model are you getting? The Walther website   http://walther-lgv.com/variants/competition_ultra/    shows these rifles to be a fine piece of work :-*
Brian

Tater

Me and my wife did a little target practice with her P17 last night. It started off shooting low until I realized I pushed the rear sight down while closing it and it got stuck down. It popped right back up though with a nudge and was still sighted petty close.
It's killing me not having anywhere outside to shoot. Paper targets at 13 yards or less gets old.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Bazmati2020

Quote from: BDS on July 03, 2013, 03:20:52 PM
BAZ:  Which LGV model are you getting? The Walther website   http://walther-lgv.com/variants/competition_ultra/    shows these rifles to be a fine piece of work :-*

Brian it's top of the range mate the Competition Ultra, I "won" it in the silent auction on UBC can't wait  :-*

It's actually the one on the link, adjustable stock etc.

Want it for HFT and all round rifle stuff, I just haven't got to grips with .22 in my TX200

BDS

Beautiful Baz... the best of the best no less!  :-*
Brian

Tater

Quote from: BDS on July 03, 2013, 09:32:57 PM
Beautiful Baz... the best of the best no less!  :-*

Yes sir, that looks sweet alright.   :-*
Gorgeous wood/tone.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ajhuff

Bought one just based on this thread. arrived today. Already pinched my hand in it. Pouring rain outside so only got a few test shots off so can't really say much other than wow is it quiet. Hope to have as much fun as everyone else is showing!

-AJ

mudduck48

Quote from: ajhuff on July 04, 2013, 12:01:20 AM
Bought one just based on this thread. arrived today. Already pinched my hand in it. Pouring rain outside so only got a few test shots off so can't really say much other than wow is it quiet. Hope to have as much fun as everyone else is showing!

-AJ
And we have another member of the P17 club! ;D I'm like a lot of members here, I do not have a place outside to shoot, so I shoot in my garage. I take and put my P17 on a towel muzzel down and the grip down on the towel, put the web of my hand right in front of the rear sight and close. Kinda spread your finger out and push down. Works for me. Does your new P17 have the fiber optic sights?.