UGT offset mount from PA

Started by nomobux, June 08, 2013, 12:24:45 AM

nomobux

Anyone using one on their 2240, etc, with a 6x bugbuster ? The base of the scope under the turrets ( which is flat ) basically sets flat on the base. The scope looks to sit flat in the rings ok and the caps will sit down ok and tighten. BUT .. you will not be able to rotate the scope if needed.
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

quickster47 †

Quote from: nomobux on June 08, 2013, 12:24:45 AM
  Anyone using one on their 2240, etc, with a 6x bugbuster ? The base of the scope under the turrets ( which is flat ) basically sets flat on the base. The scope looks to sit flat in the rings ok and the caps will sit down ok and tighten. BUT .. you will not be able to rotate the scope if needed.

Got a picture of this thing?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

willc

I have the UTG offset on my 1377 carbine and a 3x9 Bugbuster is mounted on it. 
No problems at all with focus or magnification adjustments.

The mount itself is solid and it has been removed many times and it goes back on solid.
Excellent mounts for the price.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

nomobux

I'll see if I can get a pic. The adjustments would work fine. I'm talking about rotating the scope to get it verticle if needed
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

nomobux

" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

eric

i have an older bugbuster one that has a few MMs of space between the flat on the bottom on the scope and the flat on the mount --- it could be the mount or the new design of the scope ...
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

nomobux

Yes. The scope has apparently been changed. A fellow posted the old versus new on GTA.  Seems that UGT forgot to change the mount also.
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

nomobux

Filed a few thou off the mount and can see daylight and rotate the scope now. Mo betta and happy. Think I'll call PA and inform them the new scopes don't fit correctly with this mount.   :)
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

eric

Quote from: nomobux on June 09, 2013, 08:14:34 PM
  Filed a few thou off the mount and can see daylight and rotate the scope now. Mo betta and happy. Think I'll call PA and inform them the new scopes don't fit correctly with this mount.   :)
i would have filed it down as well ---- quicker than returning it and seeing if it problem returned
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses