2300 not fully piercing cartridge?

Started by wahoowad, June 22, 2013, 02:42:08 PM

bgmcgee

Does the trigger contact that brass tit...

I know this was unintentional, but did make me snicker.
I'm here to help in any way I can  ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

crossliner

Quote from: wahoowad on June 22, 2013, 04:33:38 PM
I haven't changed the location of the trigger stop screw - set wherever crosman set it. How do I "check" it? I just looked and it doesn't protrude very far. I see no threads extending into the trigger guard area, just some brass covered tit. When cocked I'd say there is a good 1/8" gap.

[quote My valve is secure too you should also check that

How do I do this?  ???

Well for you to check it you must remove the trigger frame..You will see that short Phillip screw securing the valve..When I checked mine it was loose and the valve would move..Some members secure it w/ extra screws termed as "pinning the valve"..It makes sense if you intend to increase its power or even if not..The Benjamin Disco is valve is rigged that way you can see extra screws on the sides of the tube as well as under it.

Also you need to check the hammer guide pin..There is a possibility that the hammer drag can be traced there if ever there is..I polished mine as well as the tube groove ( the cut where the hammer guide pin moves back and forth ) and made sure the tube, breech, trigger frame etc were aligned..Regards.