How to mount flashlight to hang under CO2 chamber?

Started by wahoowad, June 23, 2013, 01:11:06 AM

wahoowad

I have some red 18650-style flashlight I mount on top of airgun scopes for shooting rats, now I want to adapt one to my 2300KT. I can't get the usual scope ring style mount fully around the air chamber so needs some device - what do folks use? What works best? Photos of your setup welcomed!

arkmaker †

Look for Quickster47's post about adding a rail under the tube. A really good solid approach for mounting a light or laser. If I run across the thread, I will post it here for you.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

wahoowad

wahoowad

Thanks arkmaker - interesting but a bit more involved than I think I need.

I'm thinking something like this, maybe some sticky tape inside to help prevent twisting

chongman

Quote from: wahoowad on June 23, 2013, 03:26:52 AM
Thanks arkmaker - interesting but a bit more involved than I think I need.

I'm thinking something like this, maybe some sticky tape inside to help prevent twisting

I like that mount. Do you have a link or more info?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

wahoowad

I own it - just could not find it earlier to try  8). I just hooked it up and it is acceptably stable. The velcro will not fit between the barrel and tube (there is a gap, just not wide enough). So I wrapped the velcro around the barrel too and hope the additional pressure isn't going to impact short range groups. The barrel bracket is right next to the velcro device so I'm thinking the barrel is well supported between the bracket and breech. That is my hope!  ;)

I hope you can scratch together $2 for one...

http://dx.com/p/flashlight-universal-bracket-mount-holder-with-velcro-123733

***I'm thinking....I could open up a couple hose clamps and pass one around the chamber and thru the rubber mount. That would let me tighten it pretty good and not have anything around the barrel. Same for the bottom to go around the flashlight if needed. For now I'm thinking I am going to be fine.

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

I like that flashlight mount. It should work fine. It's not like you need to have the light precisely mounted heck you are just illuminating an area anyways.  Big plus is the price is right.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Chadtheguru

Quote from: wahoowad on June 23, 2013, 04:23:59 AM
So I wrapped the velcro around the barrel too and hope the additional pressure isn't going to impact short range groups. The barrel bracket is right next to the velcro device so I'm thinking the barrel is well supported between the bracket and breech. That is my hope!  ;)

A Crosman barrel spacer should help prevent the barrel from being bent. You can get them from the Crosman parts dept for something like $4.
Chad

agninja

String. If that Filipino bloke can fix his barrel to his gun with string, you can certainly use it to put a flashlight on there.
Black air pistols matter.

crossliner

Mine is mounted this way..Red led rocks  :-* Filters are no good it will cut down illumination by a huge %..It's a Solarforce torch w/ an R2 red led..I am a flashaholic too btw and these lights are my latest acquisition..The ss 1 is a limited edition w/c was on sale..Build quality is superb  8)