Android airgun app??

Started by airriflenut, July 01, 2013, 02:42:48 AM

airriflenut

Does anyone know of any free and safe airgun ballistics app for smartphones?
I've checked in Google Play Store and there ain't diddly!!  Found a "chrony" app, am giving it a go since all of the funds are tied up for escrow, refrigerator, u-haul, etc. instead of a REAL chrony. :(

Did a search and it came back with a Hawke download but the phone blocks installation. >:(
Just thought I'd download one for something to do when I'm not turning wood.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

jSan22

i knew of one, but uninstalled it a long time ago. lemme see if i can find it.

bgmcgee

Hawke chairgun is probably what you are talking about..Can you change the settings on your phone to allow third party downloads. I downloaded this app for my att phone.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

airriflenut

Thanks for the info y'all.  I'll check the phone settings, if I can change it to allow the download I can get it then change the setting back.
Sterling

rws_53

Quote from: airriflenut on July 01, 2013, 04:20:16 AM
Thanks for the info y'all.  I'll check the phone settings, if I can change it to allow the download I can get it then change the setting back.

I had to change the my phones settings to allow installation of ChairGun Pro.

On a Droid Razr Maxx

I went to Settings>Security& Screen Lock>scroll down to Unknown sources and click it to put a checkmark in the box

Petrifiedwood

There is a ballistics app called "Strelok" that is very comprehensive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.borisov.strelok&hl=en

If you know the ballistic coefficient of the pellet, and the velocity, then you should be able to enter it into the calculator as if it were a cartridge load. However, the calculator can compensate for changes in temperature and barometric pressure, which have a much different effect on airguns as they do on cartridge firearms.

airriflenut

Thanks Petrified, I saw that one but wasn't sure if it would be relevant to airguns or not.  I may download that one anyway, I can always uninstall if I dont like it....come to think about it, it would be nice at times to have an "uninstall" option for those really bad days.  ;)
Sterling

dan_house

+1 to Strelok
ANY ballastics program will work for airguns. you just need to do a custom "load" and key in ths tuff it asks for
AT the APP store, look for ballasttics programs, "air gun", "air rifle", "shooting" etc. They are there, you just need to find the keyword thats attached to the app
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance