New CCS 2400kt

Started by Chadtheguru, July 11, 2013, 07:37:59 PM

Baltim0re28

I shimmed mine with a small piece of rubber I had around the house and it worked great. You may have to use 2-3 pieces of milk jug down there, but it should work well. Contact Chongman and see if he has any Delrin shims for your trigger and seer. He has them trimmed down to fit perfectly and take all the side to side wiggle out. Keep us updated as you go along!!
James.

Chadtheguru

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on July 12, 2013, 02:55:17 PM
I shimmed mine with a small piece of rubber I had around the house and it worked great. You may have to use 2-3 pieces of milk jug down there, but it should work well. Contact Chongman and see if he has any Delrin shims for your trigger and seer. He has them trimmed down to fit perfectly and take all the side to side wiggle out. Keep us updated as you go along!!

Yup, three pieces. Right on.  :-*
Chad

BDS

Just use the 1/4" wide adhesive back door insulation (foam) on the backstrap and bottom of the frame.

If you want a more permannet fix, drill and tap the bottom of the frame for a 6-32 screw (align and drill through the stock and frame when mounted). Then counter sink the stock for a bevel head socket screw about 1/2" long, done, prob fixed.
Brian

AS13

Ok...
Problem with posting pics today...Too small ??? ???
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

AS13

Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

KevinP

Looking awesome !!!   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Chadtheguru

Quote from: AS13 on July 12, 2013, 06:51:57 PM
try again...

Gorgeous. Did you paint the stock & forearm?
Chad

AS13

Used Rustoleum camo tan. Wasn't sure If I'd keep it so I didn't clear coat. I need to touch it up and then use a matte clear topcoat.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

KevinP

Quote from: AS13 on July 12, 2013, 07:50:19 PM
Used Rustoleum camo tan. Wasn't sure If I'd keep it so I didn't clear coat. I need to touch it up and then use a matte clear topcoat.

Looks good as is  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Chadtheguru

Quote from: Chadtheguru on July 11, 2013, 07:37:59 PM
I will probably also receive the Leapers 4x32 Crossbow scope tomorrow...

Lookie!  My $17 scope and rings. Thanks, Mr. Optics Planet Pricing Mistake guy!   :-*

This thing is spectacular! I can't keep my hands off it. I can't wait to get it installed!

Chad

Baltim0re28

Nice accessories you got there.  :-*
James.

Chadtheguru

Mounted pics!  :D :D :D

Now without the lens covers:

Chad

bgmcgee

The scope looks good. How do you like it? Guess for 17 bucks it is one heck of a deal.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Chadtheguru

So I gassed it up after I mounted the scope and ran into some problems. I heard a little leak that went away after a few seconds and I couldn't really get good consistent groups. I looked back at the Exploded Diagram and realized I had installed the transfer port gasket on the wrong side of the little silver thing when I stripped it all down to polish the internals. So that was one thing. The other thing I noticed is that the CO2 carts are barely being pierced. I think the hole is small enough for the valve to take a minute or two to fully pressurize. Why would that be happening? And does that mean that my velocity is likely suffering from the valve not opening up enough?

So today I took it back down and fixed the transfer port gasket. I also cut a slot into the top of the troublesome little breech screw so that I can take it on and off with a flat screwdriver until a proper replacement arrives. I'm not sure what to do about the CO2 problem. I'll be ordering a stiffer hammer spring from Crosman someday soon, maybe that'll do it.

I got everything back together, ready for another paper punching session and RAIN! The rest of the evening.  :(  Maybe tomorrow, and maybe since I fixed the transfer port it'll behave for me this time.
Chad

Chadtheguru

Quote from: bgmcgee on July 15, 2013, 01:34:05 AM
The scope looks good. How do you like it? Guess for 17 bucks it is one heck of a deal.

I absolutely love it!  I can't stop playing with it. The only thing is that I wish I could mount it a little further back since I have to lean up a little past natural to get the eye relief to clear up. However, that's a very small complaint.

Also, I think some of the difficulty in getting groups was due to my lack of technique and experience. I expect once I get everything else fixed that will improve with time.
Chad