Mrod bullpup...

Started by woody67, July 14, 2013, 04:53:35 PM

woody67

I considered picking up this bullpup:  http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1373384228/FS-+.22+caliber+Marauder+Bullpup+truck+bed+coated

But based on the scope mount design i quickly backed away. The scope mounts remind me of the mounts for a stock 1377 w/plastic breech.

So...im going to buy one of these instead:   http://www.airgunone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6297

I think ill be much happier.
I will get a .22 mrod for it (which means i will have another mrod stock to work on and sell), but my real problem is deciding if i should get one for my .25 mrod also!!!!

Sweet looking bullpup stock! Total cost, shipped to me from Spain, will be around $450-$500...not too bad..especially since i will have a return of cash once i fancy up and sell the original stock from the gun.

Droid, you recently got a rapid bullpup stock, right? Have any pictures of it being shouldered?

Fronzdan

Agree with your choice Woody.  I saw that on the Yellow too.  Stock looks great, but not a good scope mount.  The shroud moves around when it's floated, so they must fix it with the barrel band.  Also the shroud isn't that thick, tighten down too much and it could get crushed.  Plus the rail is super high.  Now if they attached to the tube, they'd have a winner.

The one from Spain is a better design.

woody67

I agree, the stock does look nice...but i think the person who made it overlooked the scope mounting necessities of turning the m-rod into a bullpup. Maybe it was the first one he did! I dont know. He said he bought 5 or 6 marods in february to turn into bullpups to sell (Would have been more profitable to just turn out a bunch of complete kits and just sell those). Maybe this stock was the first one he did. My guess, and only a guess, is that he finished the stock and had it coated before he realized the scope mount issue...and, still guessing, his solution was to make the delrin mounts that are on it now. (I also agree the mount is way too high...and told him that...he said it is supposed to be that hi, but the other bullpup he built is much lower)

I cant imagine that mounting system not shifting when force is applied. Its tightened to the shroud, and the wedged between the shroud and airtube. So much for a floating barrel and shroud. The mounts secure the shroud in a fixed position, which may or may not put pressure on the barrel and contort it a bit from its float.

breakfastchef

The Spanish bullpup is magnificent. Did you make contact yet? Website? Cost? I do not own an M-Rod, but could be convinced to buy one just for that kit.
Larry