LDC

Started by airriflenut, July 21, 2013, 05:54:22 AM

arkmaker †

Quote from: ped on July 25, 2013, 12:01:07 AM
hair curlers and thick felt are good things to have with two baffle washers ;)
ped

Yep, I used this set up once and have been trying to top it ever since.......still working on it  ;D
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

airriflenut

Quote from: ped on July 25, 2013, 12:01:07 AM
hair curlers and thick felt are good things to have with two baffle washers ;)
ped

I hear ya my friend, I hear ya. :-* ??? ???
This old Polock still has a few tricks up his sleeve....my 1377 "Scorpion"with heavy valve mods is 71 db at the muzzle.  Of course this is using an Android app but it sho nuff is quiet!! :D
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

WyoMan

Reinforced rubber washers absorb shock waves....hmmm....maybe 1/4" I.D....  ???
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

airriflenut

Quote from: WyoMan on July 25, 2013, 04:38:35 AM
Reinforced rubber washers absorb shock waves....hmmm....maybe 1/4" I.D....  ???

Hmmmm, something else to ponder!  I actually thought of polyurethane rubber rod (95a duro) put on my wood lathe, turned to fit the tube i.d., bore hole drilled and cut into baffle discs and use the sections of the split aluminum tube "scraps" as the spacers.  Since you mentioned rubber reinforced washers there just might be some merit here.  ;)
If went with the poly rubber rod they would have to either be thick enough to handle the air blast or cut them thin and use thin aluminum discs as backers for support.

Uh oh...jumpin' gee willakers, I just remembers I still have quite a bit of a buna-n/neoprene/vynil 3/8" sheet thick foam left over from some woodturning tools I made, don't remember the duro (around 60 I think).  Cot some discs and use a punch cutter to make the bore hole, contact cement then to aluminum reinforcemen
t discs.  I just might have to give that idea a try, heck I may even make some for my Crosmods shroud since it will give me a db sampling since I already know it's 71db ad it is.

Thank you Wyo, you gave me a start to some potentially awesome baffle.ideas!!!  I so appreciate everyone's input on this...hand shakes all the way around!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.