Easiest and cheapest way to add bulk fill for 2300KT carbine?

Started by wahoowad, July 28, 2013, 03:31:34 AM

wahoowad

I'm going to add the shoulder stock to my 2300KT and go ratting, but fortunately for me I have access to a target rich environment and want more than 30 shots per powerlet. Is there an easy way to add a small to medium bulk fill tank? If I do this, how many shots per tank can I expect? Right now I am getting about 30 per powerlet and interested in shooting more non-stop (and for plinking). Hopefully tanks are cheap so I can get more than 1 filled up when I go to a fill station.

I am amazed how quiet my 10" barrel is with CO2 and a 6.5" TKO. It shoots 450 - 500 fps but is much quieter than my HW30S springer shooting the same speed.

breakfastchef

There are several way to bulk feed a Crosman pistol. One of the easiest ways is to install a Powerlet Eliminator (PE) available from GMAC in the UK. I recently completed my first bulk feed gun using the PE. Simply remove the CO2 cap and screw in the PE. Attach an apprpriate fitting to the PE and a hose to the tank and you are shooting. If you want to go back to using a cartridge, remove the PE in a few minutes.

Tanks can be mounted in different ways. I chose to use a drop forward with an adapter for the paintball tank with an on/off knob.

3.5-4 oz. CO2 tanks run around $40.

Other options include dummy CO2 cartridges (Bryan & Associates), BOSS valve with a bulk feed adapter up front (Bryan & Associates) or a drop block adapter to mount a tank under the barrel (Archer Airguns).
Larry

wahoowad

sweet. how many shots do you get?

Is there a website with different styles of tank mounts like you have?

breakfastchef

Quote from: wahoowad on July 28, 2013, 04:59:14 AM
sweet. how many shots do you get?

Is there a website with different styles of tank mounts like you have?

I actually have not counted the shots because the build is so new, and I ran out of CO2. I figure if a 12g cartridge yields @30 shots, then a 3.5 oz. tank might produce 75+ shots depending on many factors. When using a 3.5 oz CO2 tank on my Mac1 LD, for example, I probably clear 100 shots.

The drop forward is a paintball item. I purchased mine on Ebay. Try a Google image search for something like Crosman bulk feed and you should see some possible options.

I chose the Powerlet Eliminator for two primary reasons: 1) you do not have to drill or cut the CO2 tube, and 2) the gun can be returned to stock configuration by removing the device.
Larry

wahoowad

Hmmm. Your 3.5 oz tank sounds small - at least judging by the shot count. I guess you have another larger CO2 tank that you fill up your smaller ones from?

wahoowad

where can I get a 90 degree nipple like you used? I like your whole setup!

breakfastchef

Quote from: wahoowad on July 28, 2013, 05:27:29 AM
Hmmm. Your 3.5 oz tank sounds small - at least judging by the shot count. I guess you have another larger CO2 tank that you fill up your smaller ones from?

A 3.5 oz. tank is small and light. But consider that 3.5 oz = 99 grams, so a 3.5 oz tank is approximately equivalent to 8-9 cartridges. There are larger tanks available, though. The tank in the photo of the complete gun in the second post is a 13 c.i. HPA tank. It is about twice as long as the 3.5 oz. tank.
Larry

wahoowad

Do you have a larger tank that you get filled at a paintball shop, then bring home and fill your smaller tanks?

For the B&C option, do I need both the Bulk-Fill filling head  and a BOSS Valve? I don't see just the fill head listed for sale and it isn't clear from their website which item(s) to purchase.

I get it that I need some type of new fill head with a nipple, just unclear about the valves. I plan to use an external tank.

breakfastchef

Quote from: wahoowad on July 28, 2013, 04:40:40 PM
Do you have a larger tank that you get filled at a paintball shop, then bring home and fill your smaller tanks?

I have no reliable fill stations near me. I am identifying the parts needed to fill at home using a rented CO2 tank.

Quote from: wahoowad on July 28, 2013, 04:40:40 PMFor the B&C option, do I need both the Bulk-Fill filling head  and a BOSS Valve? I don't see just the fill head listed for sale and it isn't clear from their website which item(s) to purchase.

A fill nipple/adapter is all that you would need to connect a tank by a coiled remote or a standard hose attached to a gun-mounted tank. I've not used the B&A parts, but offered them to you as other options.

The BOSS valve provides enhanced velocities, but will also chug down much more gas. Again, an option for you to explore.

Quote from: wahoowad on July 28, 2013, 04:40:40 PMI get it that I need some type of new fill head with a nipple, just unclear about the valves. I plan to use an external tank.

You use a standard 2240 valve with the Powerlet Eliminator. Going this route, you might want to consider cutting off the piercing pin on the valve stem to increase valve volume and remove unneeded obstacles (i.e. turbulence) in the CO2 pathway.

Point 2 is that you do not want to pressurize the 2240 tube with a standard valve using a simple fill adapter. The CO2 will flow right past the valve. In this case you might want to consider using the front half of a Disco valve. It uses o-rings to seal off the pressure chamber.
Larry

wahoowad

Thanks for all your help!

Which  Powerlet Eliminator is needed for the 2300? They list them for the 2240, 2250, 2260 but not sure which the 2300 falls into?

JEBert

The 2300 has the same tube length as the 2240. (edited to correct some numbers)
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

KevinP

This is what I did ... worked much well but was heavy  ....

Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

Quote from: KevinP on July 29, 2013, 01:06:47 AM
This is what I did ... worked much well but was heavy  ....

Do you have a link to your post on this gun? I remember that you built this last year and, I believe, Crosshairs shortly after built a gun with a similar setup.
Larry

arkmaker †

Here is mine, but if you want the easiest way, go with the eliminator.

1st pic; old gun
2nd pic; current gun
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

T191032

Quote from: wahoowad on July 28, 2013, 03:31:34 AM
I'm going to add the shoulder stock to my 2300KT and go ratting, but fortunately for me I have access to a target rich environment and want more than 30 shots per powerlet. Is there an easy way to add a small to medium bulk fill tank? If I do this, how many shots per tank can I expect? Right now I am getting about 30 per powerlet and interested in shooting more non-stop (and for plinking). Hopefully tanks are cheap so I can get more than 1 filled up when I go to a fill station.

I am amazed how quiet my 10" barrel is with CO2 and a 6.5" TKO. It shoots 450 - 500 fps but is much quieter than my HW30S springer shooting the same speed.

Remember, we advised a Second, and third, and fourth.  ;)
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.