Where to support pistol with free hand if I add a shoulder stock?

Started by wahoowad, July 28, 2013, 06:20:03 AM

Tater

Quote from: crossliner on July 29, 2013, 02:38:53 AM
Might it be the heavier spring because it still does its thing even w/ 3 pumps? Mine flicks to the right maybe because I am right handed..Regards.

mine flicks to the right too off the bench. I'm also a righty.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Quote from: crossliner on July 29, 2013, 01:35:40 PM
Mine still uses OEM spring..Gonna test groupings benchrested now that it has an 8" muzzlebrake" and see if the weight and the reduction in velocity mitigates the flick..Regards.

That my friend is a beautiful looking gun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-\
Kevin
Albany, New York

JEBert

Have you experimented with more or less of your index finger on the trigger to see if you can make it flick less or to the other side?  I was taught that finger placement has a lot to do with pistol marksmanship and it does with me and my PB's and air pistols.  Maybe the same is true of our lightweight air rifles.  Near the center of your index finger pad should get the best results.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

crossliner

Thank you Mr. Kevin it now sports a BackPacker forearm I removed the 760 version a couple of days ago..Regards.

Mr. Jebert yes I do press w/ my index finger but it still does that..I have to test it furthermore now that it is weighted and the set up is new..Regards.

Tater

Quote from: crossliner on July 30, 2013, 05:46:41 AM
Thank you Mr. Kevin it now sports a BackPacker forearm I removed the 760 version a couple of days ago..Regards.

Mr. Jebert yes I do press w/ my index finger but it still does that..I have to test it furthermore now that it is weighted and the set up is new..Regards.

I haven't seen pics, but I think the backpacker forearm would look better.
Either way, beautiful shooter.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Quote from: Tater on July 30, 2013, 06:10:18 AM
I haven't seen pics, but I think the backpacker forearm would look better.
Either way, beautiful shooter.

Thank you Mr. T and yes it does look better..Will post pics soon..

To the TS: I think the Crosman stock is a must for us and it is affordable..Looking forward to seeing pics of the stock installed on your ag. Regards.