Triggers

Started by slivershooter, August 02, 2013, 05:19:19 PM

slivershooter

I'm looking at my stock trigger and don't like it. To narrow. To plain. I saw a pic of a 1911 style trigger and was impressed. Any pro's or con's?  I don't like the shoes cause they don't fit right. I need to make something that will satisfy my fussy butt wants. Now ain't that just being a wuss???? What is you're experiences in this world of the AG?  ???
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

chongman

The TKO 1911 trigger is also narrow but is short throw and very crisp.

An option for you, and it is wider is an anodized aluminum (bronze color) roller trigger made by Anthony R. http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10516.0.html
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

breakfastchef

I use trigger shoes from Bryan & Associates. They have a grooved face for better feedback to the finger. These are a very good value if you like black or silver.

TKO is coming out with a wider version of the 1911 trigger. The first batch will be a short run to gauge interest. Other than the width of the first 1911 triggers, I like these much better than the OEM trigger.

A few places sell aftermarket triggers with wider faces: GMAC, Airgunsmith, Grant Stace, and, perhaps others.
Larry

Fronzdan

I use Bryan and Associates shoes as well.  They are very nice and even fit the 1701 triggers.  Order a few to make the shipping worthwhile.

arkmaker †

Options
1701p trigger frame
AOA 2stage sear with a shoe
Archer air guns sear (different, but works the same as the AOA)
TKO
Bluefork trigger frame

Anyone think of any others?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

crosmods if they are still around
i jbwelded a piece of brass tube to my trigger. still holding strong. cut tube to desred width, then cut the tube in half. shape as desired
closed mouths dont get fed

Fronzdan

Quote from: 1377x on August 03, 2013, 12:41:12 AM
i jbwelded a piece of brass tube to my trigger. still holding strong. cut tube to desred width, then cut the tube in half. shape as desired

First time I've seen that done and I LIKE!!!!!   :-*

slivershooter

I like that idea of the tubing. I may make a brass trigger and solder some tubing like that to it.
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

Noah

Quickster made a cool little trigger modification that involved an imbedded copper bb that rolled with each pull. 'Can't find the post/photos, though...  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

bluefork

I'd go with the BlueFork triggerframe ;) But I have modded the stock triggerframe to shoot pretty nice as well.
www.blueforkdesign.us
www.infowars.com

onebaddj

The tko 1911 style triggers are nice once they are worked in. Gotta do some fine tuning to get them to function properly but once its right man is it sweet. In the end the feel is about the same as my stock trigger that i worked over but i like the look better.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

arkmaker †

Quote from: Noah on August 04, 2013, 04:39:10 AM
Quickster made a cool little trigger modification that involved an imbedded copper bb that rolled with each pull. 'Can't find the post/photos, though...  ???

Yep, use a safetyball for the bb. Make a divot on the pivot point of the trigger where it contacts the sear.
Here is a pic...
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10730.msg131289.html#msg131289
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

HappyHunter

Quote from: Noah on August 04, 2013, 04:39:10 AM

Yep....works like a charm, too! :-* Drill the top of the lobe 3/32" x 1/16" deep, apply a dab of moly paste and insert safety detent ball (or one of equal size if you want to keep your safety in working order ;))

I did that mod a couple years back and while it made it feel significantly better than the stock trigger, the first chance I had to get a 1701P trigger frame I jumped on it and haven't looked back since! IMO, upgrading to the 1701P trigger group is well worth the money and feels soooo nice to shoot! :)
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on August 03, 2013, 12:41:12 AM

Nice "Jackson Pollack" abstract painting Ed  :D  :-*
Brian

Paul55

I used a wider chrome trigger & stainless sear from GMAC.  There is no need for shims on either as the are made wider to fit the frame, you still need to fit the spring washer on the trigger.  The sear is polished on the contact faces.  I installed an adjustable trigger spring as well & it's resulted in a smooth trigger with a crisp release, n
Nirvana  :-*